Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A little about me......

I am a Book Fanatic! I am also a stay at home wife and mommy to my two daughters.  My husband, of 16 years, is a LT Commander serving in the US Navy and I am so very proud of him.  I also have a Shit Zhu named Gizmo.  He's my shadow.  =) I am an only child, who lost both her parents way too young to two ugly words... CANCER....and LEUKEMIA.  
Currently, my life only resolves around my children and reading.  Reasons I post about my babies on FB and why I now post about my Books on this blog.  =)  

 These are my two most precious things and what I am most proud of... my babies.....  
 Calista
 Kyleigh


This is a "selfie" in the bathroom at Paris Las Vegas hotel on my Vegas trip... yep that's my personality shining through.... 



I LOVE.TO.READ! I started a small Group under my personal FB page for my friends who often ask me "What should I read next". Well, I follow alot of bloggers and because of that I decided to venture out and try to actually BLOG about my obsession and share this passion with anyone who wants to listen to me Ramble. I tend to do that....Ramble. I also don't like Spoilers! So, this blog isn't for you if you are looking for those. I want my friends and followers to feel what I felt the first time I read a book.

I am smart mouthed, sarcastic, I swear like a sailor. My favorite swear word being F**K.
I'm inappropriate and often say things before I think. Besides my love of reading - you can often find me behind my camera, documenting my children's lives. Before my Obsession with Reading took over, I would scrap book those photo moments I captured of my children.  


I turned 40 this past June and celebrated in Vegas and got my very first tattoo.  I feel like a total bad ass rock chick now ;)  I went in for something small and came out with the second biggest of our group.   


This is Charlie (owner/tattoo artist at Studio 21 tattoo in Vegas) and yes, my friend Penny captured the very moment he started  =)  After that I sat like a champ for two hours.  
Finished product is the Traditional American style I LOVE.  The rose represents my mother and I had to throw in my girls initials.  
See.. TOTAL BADASS  lol 

I love coffee-specifically Dunkin Donuts original roast, I am a beer drinker, I love chocolate.  I love the smell of Lavender.  I have a fear of heights, flying and water.  My favorite place is Walt Disney world (yes, I'm a child).  I love a man with tattoos, esp a nice sleeve and piercings (even though my husband has neither).  


This is a family trip to Disney right before my husband deployed last month.  Trying to get a decent photo - After about 8 shots I gave up... 

  I am pretty sure some of my reviews will not be PG -13. I will definately say things I am sure will be offensive to some and to others make you my new Best Friend.
Speaking of friends, I have met some GREAT people since making this blog.  I hope that my love of reading will bring more peeps into my life.  

This is new to me. I often would just occasionally post reviews on Goodreads or Amazon.  But would send my Fave Authors personal messages via FB.  I seem to think that is more personal.  Can I please say that I didn't start this blog to Get Free stuff or ARC of books.  But, if I am sent some Free swag to wear or use to PIMP out my faves  or  if I am offered an ARC of a book... I will most definitely read it and give my honest review.  I ask nothing from Authors.    I started this solely to share the books I love, to tell the people about my favorites books and authors, to help my Favorite Authors get new followers.  Also, to meet other Book Nerds.  I have found MANY books that I didn't know existed, thanks to the MANY bloggers I follow on FB.   

I have been approached by several authors and Yes, I did receive my first ARC and that was exciting.  However, again, was in NO WAY what I started this blog for.  I know our authors put their blood, sweat and tears into their books for us to read and enjoy.  I have no problem one clicking when a book goes LIVE on Amazon.. trust me.. .my Kindle account holds hundreds of unread books.  You know how some people are addicted to crack (sorry) or buying shoes.. that is me with books.... ONE CLICK and I are BESTIES!  I most definately don't agree with getting books illegally... I think the authors deserve the money they are entitled to for those books.  Just saying..... 

I have connected with an Author via FB after messaging her about her book I read and to me, it's like we have known each other forever.  I am now on a "secret mission" to help her.  Again, something totally new for both of us and once we get this shit figured out... you will hear about it.   It's meeting these authors and becoming friends with them and being able to just chat about LIFE that makes this cool as shit to me.  Like I almost pee'd myself when another FAVE of mine Jade C. Jamison pimped out my FB Book Blog on her page.  Literally, I fan girled and did a Happy Dance in Bed.  =)  


Any other Authors out there reading this and need my help... Let me know... Because I am in it for you guys. It is about getting your name out there and getting people to one click your books. I'll pimp you out hard!  <3   And if by doing so, I make a new Author friend, well that is just Lucky for Me......  Because I know that most of the authors I love are Fabulous human beings!  

I hope that my rambling will inspire you to "One Click" atleast one of the books and authors I pimp out. Let my favorite authors Grab you by the balls and throw you into one emotional roller coaster after the other or one panty dropping good time ;)  



So there you have it... a little about me.  If you are my FB friend you know that I speak of my children on a daily basis.  Especially, my Calista who is smart, but has no common sense.  I call it my C 4.0 moments.  I also post A LOT of pictures.  Like I said, I document everything in their lives on film.   In between everyday life with my children... I READ!  And that is why I started this blog.... so Happy Reading peeps!  I am welcome to any and all suggestions that can get this blog to 1,000's and world wide  haha   We have Authors and their books to get to millions of people!  <3 <3 <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment