Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Pact by Karina Halle - My Review!


What can I say.... This was most definitely a surprise.... A good surprise! It's not her usual style of writing and she did a fantastic job! It's addicting. I read this in one sitting.

Best friends who make a pact!

She gave us a "love story" that was years in the making. Best Friends who have feelings for one another and yet both are afraid to really show them. We are taken on a journey over the course of several years. Mid 20's through present day.... 30's! We are shown the friendships between Linden "Cowboy", Stephanie "Baby Blue" and James. Best friends for years. We watch them grow, have relationships and celebrate birthdays. As age 30 is fast approaching, the "Pact" is lingering........

Friendships will be tested. Hearts will be broken.
Will the "pact" these two made years ago be solid? Can their friendship survive actual "feelings"?

This book was emotional and steamy. While reading, I had ideas and thoughts as to where we were going to go in the story and I was wrong. Every time I thought something was going to happen the way I pictured it..... it didn't. This gave me just enough angst to be on the edge at different points in the story.

Great Job Karina! I didn't want it to end.  4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment