Thursday, October 4, 2018

Amy's 4.5 star ARC review of No Tomorrow by Carian Cole









The people we love are thieves.
They steal our hearts. They steal our breath.
They steal our sanity.
And we let them.
Over and over and over again.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

They say you never forget your first time. 
Mine was with a homeless musician who effed my brains out under a bridge. 

He was my first love. And fourteen years later, I still can’t get him out of my head. 

He broke all my rules.
He also broke my heart.

I watched him climb to stardom, cheering him on from afar.
But I was never a fan; just a girl in love.

Like a tornado, he spiraled, leaving a path of destruction in his wake.

But love conquers all, right? It has to. Because here I stand, ravaged and ruined, needing it to be true. 

You can’t go back, but I want to. Back to the bridge. Back to when he sang only for me. Before he was famous. Before he shattered my heart. 

I thought I knew everything about him.
But I could not have been more wrong.

He promised me every tomorrow. And here I am, waiting. 
And hoping. 
Again.












Please be aware that this book deals with some potentially sensitive issues such as depression and drug abuse. 

Piper meets Blue and his dog Acorn at a young age. She is grounded - he is a traveler. She is attached to home and he wanders with his guitar and his furry best friend. Two people so different but so drawn to each other. That beautiful day she found him by chance drawn to him by the notes falling from his guitar sitting peacefully was the best and worst day of her life. 

Years later the path of destruction and fame is a riveted mountain of broken moments. He is her everything that she cannot forget. 

I’m being vague as you need to experience this book. You will cry - you will laugh and you will believe - what you chose to believe in is your decision but I hope that you will savor every page. My hope is that you will feel every emotion and open yourself up to Blue and Piper. 

Brilliant read - thank you for the ARC -  Read it twice, because the first time you will be so caught up and desperate to know you might miss something - continue feeling by turning the pages of the beautiful story more than once.




1 comment: