Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Seize Me (Breakneck Series 1) and Withstanding Me (book 2) by Crystal Spears

BOOK HIGH......NEW GIRL CRUSH......

Why the hell have I not read this series sooner?  Seize me has been sitting on my kindle and when I  finally open it up and went on another F**KING FANTASTIC MC journey!  


She warned me.....Yes my friends....she actually has a note from the author at the beginning with a WARNING..... this was not a unicorn, flowers and rainbow shit kind of book.....  this was GRITTY and True To Life...... She didn't sugar coat anything.  She didn't make the MC to be all good guys and doing some legit shit.  THIS MC did some illegal, F**KED up shit.  There was even some drugs involved and rape.  So yes.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!  


I LOVED this book.  I am a sucker for any MC series.  From the first few pages I was consumed and couldn't stop.  I immediately fell in love with Pyro and wanted him to be the main character and then when I met Braxxon.....I WAS DONE!  Or I thought, because then ZZ grew on me and he is pierced and I love that!  =)   


This is not a lovey dovey heart, rainbows, flowers and shit kind of book.  It's Gritty, dark, raw, rough and often times very heartbreaking. Full of angst.  Has some very explicit scenes.   It's hardcore!!!!!  


We meet Winter a.k.a. Star a.k.a Angel who is the daughter of the Russian Mafia.  Dancing is all Winter wants to do. She left home and has been working side by side with her best friend dancing.   She gets hired buy the local MC to do a private Birthday show for their Prez.....and just like Pyro said .. one look at their Prez and she would want more!  She and her Best Friend Lana a.k.a. Hazel-  take the job and the journey begins......


I love Winter. She is a spit fire, takes no shit from anyone, kick ass daughter of the Russian MC/Mafia!  When Winter’s eyes lock with Braxxon Breaker's, the President of Breakneck, she realizes she is no longer free; she has been seized.  She left this kind of life and didn't want to ever return to it.  But Braxxon isn't taking no for an answer.......and so Winter once again....is living the life she ran away from.


This is the story of Winter and Braxxon.  Her being pulled back into the hard core biker world she left behind.  Lot's of shit happens.  Some, not so pleasant to read about.  All I can say is I LOVED IT!  Crystal Spears has won my heart!  


Gummy Bears will become your favorite!  =)  Lot's of people have said not so nice things about this author.  To this I say....she warned us.   If you can handle this kind of shit....you will get past the not so pleasant parts of the book and you will LOVE it.  If you can't handle this kind of hardcore shit.... just don't read it.  Don't bash an author for her style of writing because you think it is unethical and shit.  Just Don't read it!  But don't bash an author!  


Book two in the series was just as AMAZING....Withstanding me......
Book two focuses on ZZ and Storm and I fell in love with ZZ.  We also get more of Braxxon and Winter.  We also meet Shadow.  This author has several parts in both books that just left me with my mouth open saying WTH just happened and other parts I was laughing.  I am patiently waiting for the third in the series........  Team Breakneck... I'd gladly take any of them =)

No comments:

Post a Comment