Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Honor & Betray by Teresa Mummert




This will be a short review...simply because it was a short book with not much to discuss.  I love you...you love me... hot sex....more hot sex....a fight....car crash....I don't remember you....then more I know I should love you.... hot sex...etc etc.

I don't even know what I went into this one expecting......It was a fairly short read for me.  Done in less than 2 hours.  The suspense we were left off with at the end of book 3 had me anxiously waiting to hear the rest of the story.   I was thinking it might pick up where we left off in book 3.....Not the case. It actually picks up from William's side of the story right before Emma's Aunt passes away in book 3.  It does shed some light on things that I wanted answered.  I did- for the most part- enjoy hearing his side of things.  I for one, thought he was pretending to not remember anything once they had the accident.  Trying to trick her into getting married.  But, he actually doesn't remember most things.  Bits and pieces are coming back.  We hear his side of things right before and after the accident.  We hear of some darker side of his past.   I really wasn't happy with the way it felt rushed towards the end and the way it ended.... I mean I know there are more books to follow but.... I felt like this entire book could have easily just been chapters in the next book!  Not sure why it took so long for us to get this one?  

I did enjoy getting all tied up in William's mind for a bit though.  I give it 3 stars.  

This is not any disrespect or bashing towards the author.  I love her other books and I am sure to love future books.  This one, however, just didn't DO IT for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment