Thursday, December 11, 2014

My Review of "Til Death by Bella Jewel

* ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW * 
4 stars


I wasn't quite sure where Bella was taking us on this journey.... and then when it came together I was like HOLY SHIT!  I loved this book.   You are going to love it.... or hate it.... no in between.  The two characters are tough to Love ;)  Yet the book consumes you.  Has you on the edge of your seat and your heart breaking.   It's addicting! 


Marcus is all business!  He's handsome and rich.   He doesn't do relationships.  So, when he is given some news that doesn't make him happy.  With stipulations attached , He has to work...and work fast.  To make it all come together.  He isn't necessarily a good man.  Some of the things he is involved in are outside the law.  He is not your hearts and chocolate and all that fufu romantic shit kind of guy.   He is cold, heartless, selfish, and simply a bastard.  (and just like Katia - I fell for him ) 

“Love isn't for men like me. I don't have the time or the interest. Love is for the weak.”

Katia - well - what can I say about her.  She has a non existent social life.  She works to take care of her sick mother.   So, when a "one night stand" is on the table.  She decides What the hell.....all she wanted to do was get laid.  But,  what she didn't realize is she is dancing with the devil.  She is so naive and gets completely wrapped up and consumed by Marcus.  Knowing - that the feelings she holds are not given back in return.  

“A man like Marcus is dangerous for me. He'll destroy me. Crush me. Take my life in his hands and twist it until there's nothing left but a pathetic, dangling string left.”



My heart broke on several occasions while reading.  Remember - Marcus is  all business and poor Katia falls hard....fast.   I mean as much as I hated Marcus - I fell hard for this man too =)  Katia realizes her love is one sided and yet she still continues to love him anyway.   There are moments when you see Marcus show the slightest bit of emotion and then he turns cold again.  

"Marcus, I love you."

"I know you do, Katia."



What does it take to make Marcus love her the way she loves him?  Will they truly find a HEA together on equal grounds or will Marcus continue to use Katia for his own personal agenda......

"Marcus, you're destroying me. You're taking everything I am and twisting it. You're...ruining me."

"I know, precious."



This book does leave us in a cliffhanger. It is told in dual POV's.   I can not wait to jump on the next installment and find our where Bella plans to take us.......

No comments:

Post a Comment