Friday, October 17, 2014

Bright Side by Kim Holden ----- My Review

Where do I begin when writing this review.  Book Hangover!  I literally had to wipe away the snot that was dripping from my nose and use eyedrops to clear my clouded contact lenses.

 I am simply at a loss for words and feeling a little numb.  It was an emotional read. I sat on my couch, alone, while tears ran down my face thinking - I LOVE THIS AUTHOR AND I HATE THIS AUTHOR. =)  

 I often go blindly into books- not knowing the synopsis.  The not knowing is what really makes a book good.  


Do Not Judge A Book By It's Cover!

**BE BRAVE!  DO EPIC! **

Prepare yourself.....you have been warned!  


When a book can literally bring you to your knees.....weeping.....it's Good! No matter how long I sit on this book trying to come up with a review as Epic as the book... it probably isn't going to happen.  There literally are not enough words to express what you will feel after reading this book.  It's definitely one of the hardest reviews I have had to write because I simply can not tell you - what I want to tell you.  This book will have you wanting to go back and just read it again.  

You will cry!  Let us just get that out of the way.  There will be happy tears.  Sad tears.  And for most....UGLY -SNOT RUNNING OUT OF YOUR NOSE tears. This book is powerful!  Intense.  Beautiful.  Heartwrenching.  Heartbreaking.  There is Kickass humor through out which in my book alone is 5 stars.  

I loved this authors writing style.  I can't even rant enough over how she portrayed each characters personality.  I have never read anything like it.  I mean seriously DUDE..... you are going to fall in love with them.

I seriously thought I had the book all figured out....and I didn't.  Every time I thought I knew what was going on... I was wrong.   Kim gave us a beautiful, powerful ,breathtaking , emotional ,heartfelt story.  Intense.  I was emotionally drained after finishing it. 

You are going to be so full of emotion when you read about Kate, Keller and Gus.  I don't know who I loved more.  The relationship between Kate and Gus....or the relationship between Kate and Keller.


 A Once In a Lifetime Friend Comes Along Once In A Lifetime...to me that was Gus.  Their friendship is full of pain and happiness.  But their bond - is Unbreakable.  They will forever Love one another.  Owning a piece of each others heart.   The banter between the two of them....had me in stitches.  The way they care for each other and are there for each other is what makes a true friend.  Gus simply was THE PERFECT BEST FRIEND !  They pushed each other when pushing was needed - they were a shoulder when a shoulder was needed. He was a protector.  

Keller....that kind, loving, selfless man.  I just want to ball him up and keep him.  Yes, at times, a complete jackass.  But hey.... I forgive him. He was a beautiful soul inside and out.  He was a hard worker.  He was completely "swoon worthy"  From the moment I was introduced to him - I knew I was going to love him.  The relationship he shares with Kate was slow.  You feel the attraction between the two of them.  But, secrets.......secrets on both sides are what keep feelings on a back burner.  Keller was lost.  Kate found him =)

You often have the female lead being a "poor pitiful me"  Not Kate - hence her nick name Bright Side.  She has become one of my Favorite female leads to date.  I loved loved loved her!   With everything life has thrown her.... she is simply one of the most strongest and positive females I have read about.  She looks on the "Bright Side" of everything in life.  She simply brings life to everyone she meets.


"Be Epic"

This story was not only beautiful but one that you will be thinking about days after.  It will break your heart and yet..... some how make you smile!  It was a rollercoaster!  I seriously can not truly express how amazing this book is.  


"Today, My life is Awesome"


Now listen to me right now ---- Go One Click this book right now.   Grab some tissues and maybe a drink .  You are going to need it.  5 stars simply isn't enough...... This book will speak to your soul.

"Some people excel in the art of hugging. They somehow manage to hug you with their whole being, not just their arms. Their warmth surrounds every inch of you. It makes you feel cherished and comforted."

Thank you Kim Holden for Bright Side.  It has made it's way to my number one read this year.  I look forward to hearing from Gus. 

Buy LInk ----> http://amzn.to/1riMnGt

No comments:

Post a Comment