Friday, March 20, 2015

My review for Step-Lover by Bella Jewel

 3.5-4 stars



Synopsis

A STEPBROTHER ROMANCE 

Intended for mature audiences only 

I met him before I knew. 

I loved him before I knew. 

I didn’t know he was my stepbrother when I fell for Bladen. I fell for a mystery guy who I spent a long, amazing weekend with. Then he got up and left me, without even a goodbye. I was nothing more than a bit of fun. 

He broke my heart. 

I didn’t see him again. 

Until my mom and her new husband, Jack, decide to take us all on a family vacation to the lake so I can meet my new stepbrothers for the first time. 

I don’t see it coming. 

When he gets out of that car, my world stops. My passionate lover is…my stepbrother. 

He isn’t the same man. He’s a prick and he makes sure I know it. 

I’m not the same woman. I’m in love with him and I very much plan to make sure he knows it. 

He won’t make my life easy. I won’t give up. 


Buy Link




My Review-

What happens when you meet a handsome stranger and spend an amazing weekend together.  You make up fake names and you find yourself thinking you could really see yourself in a committed relationship with this person. When you mention this and After waking up - that person is gone...... fast forward a year later when you are reunited with him....... It knocks all the wind out of you.  

"What's your name?" he murmurs into my ear as we move. I shudder and I'm about to blurt it out, but instead I decide to get sexy. So, I smile and say, "We don't need names. I am whoever you want me to be." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All this time I never knew his name. If I did, this wouldn’t have happened. But no, we thought it would be sexy and fun to leave it a damned mystery.'

Blade and Aria are reunited under circumstances that neither of them were expecting.  A month away with their parents turns into more than they can handle.  


    "I fucked up walking away from you; I shouldn't have done it. I felt it, and it scared the fucking shit out of me. I ran when I should have stayed and now it's too late. I can't have you. Even if I fuckin' wanted you, I couldn't have you. So I'm angry, and I'm taking it out on you, but fuck, Aria, don't think that I don't regret what happened that weekend."


The pull they have is strong and yet they know that being together or even mentioning they know each other will be more harm then good.  Aria opens her heart one to many times and Blade crushes it more than she can handle.  Blade and his "on again - off again" behavior when it came to Aria gave me whiplash.  



”Look, Aria, whatever the fuck went down there? It’s finished now. I feel completely fuckin’ grossed out and frankly, I don’t need to be thinkin’ about the fact that I’ve had my dick in you.”

This book kept me interested from beginning to the end.  There was enough angst to have my heart racing.  There will be moments of sadness and happiness.  You will be rooting for these two to beat the odds and find a HEA together.  You are pulled into the story and feel as if you are there. You will feel the emotions that are running.  Your heart will hurt each time Blade says hurtful things to her.  With each having loved, lost and been hurt in different ways.  They are both broken.  Can they find a way to help each other and find their HEA? 

With all the StepBrother books out there....don't let that sway your decision to one click.  Bella does it good!  Her story is unique from others I have read.   Give it a chance.   Fall in love with Blade...even if he is a complete Jerk ;)


 I enjoyed the secondary characters and look forward to each of their stories.  


          'Love finds us for reasons unknown and when it finds us, it latches on.' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I need you to really want this, because I can't take you walking away again. So I'm asking you. If you want this, stay, because I can't go through it all once more."




No comments:

Post a Comment