Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Amy's 4 star ARC Review of Cartel Bitch (Almanza Crime Family Duet #1) by Chelsea Camaron




There was a fine line between love and hate, we walked it together.


Unforgiving.

Relentless.

I'm to be feared.

When your family is as much a friend as an enemy, there is no one to trust.

I am Javier Almanza. 
Cartel kingpin.

No one can touch me.
No one can hurt me ...


Except her.


Mari Belle Dominguez.

He was raised as family. 
My brother’s best friend, my first kiss, and my first betrayal. 
He planned to make me his Cartel Bitch. 
The joke was on him; I’d never break nor would I bend. 
I would fight until the end for myself.
My will was stronger than his want.


He would soon see.


This is book one in the Almanza Crime Family Duet and a full-length standalone romance. This is a dark, edge of your seat romantic suspense novel featuring an antihero, so there is a level of violence inside that may not be suitable for some readers. This is not meant to be an actual depiction of life inside a Cartel but rather a work of fiction meant to entertain.









Oh boy .. ok .. Javier and Mari .. where to begin. This story is a brutal read in places so be warned. Make sure you read the blurb and understand what you are getting in to. 

We are in the past and present in this release of one of two. Mari and Javier are childhood friends living in an extremely unforgiving world. Neither were born in to the cartel but life throws them in to the whirlwind of a dark life. Mari wants nothing more to escape and get away - however her kidnappers won’t allow it. 
Javier is a compassionate man especially when it’s Mari. The woman is his life and he needs to not lose her. This book has so many points of pure drama and unbelievable amounts of turmoil/dark situations. 
The characters are well written and the cliffhanger is a doozie. Great read but you are going to be left hanging by a thread. Be warned! Thank you for the ARC - 

No comments:

Post a Comment