Monday, September 15, 2014


Pieces For You – Genna Rulon – Another 5 amazing and SURVIOR stars.

Samantha Whitney was one of my favorite characters from Only For You; the first book in this series. She suffered the most devastating and horrific event that a woman should never have to endure. She was witty, intelligent, and her love for her best friend Everleigh; her chosen family was something that we all would be so fortunate to have once in our own.  “ If I don't talk, I can try to pretend it didn't happen. That it was just a nightmare I have yet to wake up from. If I open my mouth and say the words it becomes real, and if it's real, then I can never escape it”  I have to admit that the beginning of the book already had me tearing up. One of the things that I loved the most about this series is the relationship between Everleigh and Sam. This book is as much about the power of love with another as it is about the power of a true friendship.  This story is heart wrenching.  You emotionally need to be ready to take this trip  with Sam as she begins to claw her way back to some semblance of a normal life. You will cry with her as she hurts, laugh with her as she heals, and hope with her as she once again faces the prospect of romance. Sam struggles as she begins to have physical desires, rediscovering the sexuality she thought was destroyed forever. She is afraid to take that step, no matter how much she wants to, frightened that any relationship could at any time trigger the horrors of her past.  I especially enjoyed the manner in which the author gave Sam the needed closure to her past. But even more importantly, the author has successfully illustrated the results of sexual assault and rape and how it not only impacts the victim but also reaches out and lays a hand on everyone; friends and family.
“There is still so much that needs healing (inside and out) but I'm no longer tethered to him. I am free, and for the first time I know it deep in my bones. He may have beat me, scarred me, shattered me in a million pieces, but I'm not under his control anymore...now I get to decide.”   Sam’s sheer will and determination overwhelmed me. With her attitude of empowerment and unique sense of style, She slowly makes steps towards feeling whole again. With the help of a new therapist who is gritty and real, her close friends, and some new ones, she drags herself out of the hole she found herself in.

If you've read the first book, and I hope you have then you will remember Griffin from Only For You. When Everleigh and Hunter were going through their own issues as well as Everleigh taking care of Sams every need after Sams parents couldn’t be bothered, Everleigh found solace in their dear friend Griffin.  We learn in book one that Griffin in in love with Sam, or Lo as he calls her, couldn't act on his feelings as she was seeing Robbie.  He watched her fall in love with him, let her go and then was not there to protect her when she was attacked.  The guilt he feels in not protecting his little one has him making up for lost time.  I LOVE THIS MAN!  "Lo, you could never disappoint me. If you're honest with me and yourself, you have no reason to worry. No one's unblemished, we all have our scars--some are just easier to hide. The right man will navigate the minefield and bring you to the other side safely. He will find a way to give you the pleasure you deserve, no matter what it takes. You are worth any effort."  The relationship between Griffin and Sam was beautiful.
There are several twists and unexpected turns throughout the story that make it even more enjoyable. There is an unanticipated back story that is taking place and is finally revealed at the end.  The author once again was able to keep the suspense going until the very end.  She continued the use of quotes from others at the beginning of each chapter that tied into the storyline. ‘Pieces For You’ is not a usual romance; it addresses a sensitive topic in a profound manner. I can hardly wait for book three, Temper For You  as I am hooked – what a fantastic gift Genna Rulon has given us.

Buy LInk ---->http://amzn.to/1uOpBJW

No comments:

Post a Comment