Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lights to My Siren (The Heroes of the Dixie Wardens MC #1) by Lani Lynn Vale

I am rating this a 3.5

Buy Link ----> http://amzn.to/1B9NxOb

I didn't find myself hating this book, but I didn't LOVE it.  I wasn't sure of the background of the series before I started it.  I thought it was going to be a MC series just like the ones I love.  With that being said - it is titled "Heroes" of the Dixie Wardens MC and here is why......

The characters in this series - yes, technically are part of an MC - but this tends to focus on their lives in their everyday jobs in the fields of Medicine, Firefighters and Police Officers.  Which is what I loved.  I found it refreshing.  And although, they risk their lives fighting crime and fires.  We don't really get to see the hard core - raw/gritty MC side of their lives.  The MC aspect is very low key in this series.  

In this first edition - we are introduced to Sebastian and Baylee.    My feelings towards Sebastian were a love / hate.  He is a single father, ex marine and the VP of the Dixie Wardens MC.  He is also the brother to Shiloh and Sam.  Baylee is a paramedic and is the sister to Luke (local cop).  Where Sebastian is all alpha male and serious.  Baylee is cheesy.  They oddly balance each other out.  Complete Opposites.   

Baylee has some medical issues that we deal with through out.  Sebastian has a son that is quite funny.  Sebastian held on to completely opening up to Baylee a tad too long for me.  He kept some things to himself that I felt he should have shared if you are a couple.  For that - he's the typical MC VP Asshole!  But then he could be really sweet.  

This is told in dual POV's and sometimes It was a bit confusing,   I would have to go back and re-read a few parts to understand.  

There is some drama that occurs as we follow the lives of these two.  All in all, the story was FUN and unique.  I especially LOVED the little notes, sayings, quotes the author would put at the top of each chapter =)  

 I think if you love the alphas in Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick Series - this has the same feel and you will love these men as well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment