Saturday, October 24, 2015

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of Traded by Rebecca Brooke





I’m a pawn, a piece of chattel, a toy--used and forgotten. 

When you’re done with me, you can walk away with no regrets. That’s how my husband sees me. I try to be the best wife possible for him. After all, he took me on when no one else would. Now--he’s in debt and owes more money to the loan shark than we can possibly repay. 

But, don’t worry, he’s come up with a solution, it’s just not one I was expecting.

...I’ve been TRADED


NOTE: This book deals with severe verbal abuse. If you have triggers please consider before clicking. 

This is an excellent read. Although in theory the situation is not that realistic the verbal abuse and suffering a the lead female character Elena is gut wrenching and absolutely on point. Elena feels unworthy, ugly and is trying her best to be a good wife. She wants nothing more than to please her husband Dominic. His taunts and the vile things that spew from his mouth will make you want to wrap your hands around his throat and squeeze really hard. I wanted to pummel this ass hat from the word go. In retrospect that is a great thing for an author; connection with the characters no matter bad or good. 
Dominic demands Elena’s tips from her diner job so that he can go gamble. However his gambling gets him into more trouble than Elena can imagine. Thinking her husband has noticed her extra effort around the house and is taking her to a baseball game, she soon finds out that is not even close to what transpires. 

What is Ashton supposed to do now? He has allowed Dominic to trade his wife for more time in getting the money to pay off his debt. Seeing how Dominic degraded his wife he couldn’t let her leave with him. Being raised by a father for personal reason taught his sons to NEVER raise a hand or disrespect a woman, he couldn’t leave the beautiful woman with the vile man standing before him. But what now …

This is a great read and Rebecca has handled a very serious subject in a brilliant and inspiring book. I highly recommend reading this story. The pages will keep you turning wishing and hoping Elena will see her beauty. You will absolutely want to hug, high five and be Ashton’s best friend or right hand man. I hope that we will get a book centered around Miller, Ashton’s brother. I loved that we got to meet and hang with Ashton’s parents as well. I will take the Hawes family over that piece of poop on my shoe Dominic. Give this one a click … you will scream and be consumed by anger and joy all at the same time. 

Thank you Rebecca for the ARC and the great story; heartbreak and all. I love finding new authors and you are a keeper. Review to post on Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment