Friday, October 30, 2015

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Devil Smoke (Butcher Boys #5) by Max Henry






“Value the people who sacrifice their something for you ... because maybe that something was their everything.”
- Unknown

The brief was simple—infiltrate our rival’s crew and steal the info we needed. Easy, right? I thought so, too, until I met Ryan. A woman with the ability to change my view on everything: who I was, who I am now, and what I want to be remembered for when the reaper comes to collect.

I’m a killer, a scapegoat for hire—the man who’ll take the fall for your immoral operation if you offer me the right price. I’ve made enemies along the way, and I’m forever watching my back. In a world as corrupt as mine, love and relationships remain an unobtainable target. So I act the fool, parade as the playboy, but all I really want is to belong to somebody.

She made me think it could be her, that a woman so haunted by her past might actually need a man like me—somebody who can kill with his bare hands, a man who would sacrifice it all to see those he loved kept safe.

That was, until she turned the table and risked it all to help me.

When best-laid plans fall apart, and we’re both put to the test, will love or loyalty prevail?












5 -- BB stars

The order of the series is: 

Devil You Know – Malice and Jane

Devil On Your Back – Vince and Sonya (Malice’s Dad)

Devil May Care -- Sawyer (swoon) Short Novella on Sawyer, his father Carlos and Dana. We meet Sawyer in Devil on your Back and he is grade A psychotic. This novella gives you the needed insight on why he is the way he is. THE COVER ... dear Sweet Baby Jesus. 

Devil in the Detail -- Ty and Ramona’s Story with some Sawyer thrown in. HEHEHE! 

Devil Smoke

AND I LOVE THEM ALL! -- And now its over! NO NO NO! Lets talk about the covers of all of these books -- how much time do you have ladies? Jeezuz .... Max lets us know, at the end, that we are sure to see the boys in The Fallen Saints Series. We are getting King’s story next. YES! After King we get Hooch and then probably Tap. Im pumped! But let's get to it. Oh and by the way the cover on this release. That’s Don Allen .. Dear lawd help us all. Yes I'm still on the cover ... I know I'm all over the place but I'm distraught and happy all at the same time. 

I absolutely LOVE the prologue of this release. The sixth paragraph is riveting. The last two sentences in the prologue … amazing. Freaking love it. 

Bronx is a killer for hire. He is a Butcher Boy. Ty has led Bronx into some serious stuff with no one other than Eddie. Hooch, King and the boys all believe Bronx can get in there and get out doing what is expected. Bronx hopes he can walk away from the stuff he is shoving up his nose in order to look the part. It makes him forget, it makes him feel worthy and alive. Wondering how Ty keeps it at bay he isn’t sure he is cut out for the job but if he doesn’t then what? He owes this to the players involved. He owes this to the boys; all of them. Bronx needs to find the network of dealers and when he does he can lay it at Kings feet and walk away from all of the shit. He can venture off to a warm place and an overdue vacation. The problem is he walks away alone. Alone is not want he wants anymore; he wants someone to wake up with, spend his life with and make it matter but he knows he doesn’t deserve it. Who would want him and the hell that comes with him? No one .. that’s who. 

Ryan is consumed with the man she continues to see at the bar and now he is here at the party. Why is the question; but she can't be distracted from getting the information she needs. Gunter is a pig but he keeps her safe. Tommy doesn’t belong in their Nazi white supremacy crap but he’s here too. Gunter should shield his brother from Eddie and Easy but he pulled him in. For years she’s put up with their nasty ways of supremacy but eventually she will find out what she needs and the man walking towards her cannot be a factor. She can't let him ruin what she has worked her entire life to find out. She will find what she needs and then she will run. 

This book is fantastic; Bronx and Ryan and two very tortured souls but in different ways. The pain they hold inside is almost enough to break you while reading. Max has such a magnificent way of bringing you straight into the pages and into the story. I was gutted at the loss of one particular individual. I hoped please don’t let this happen … but in the end we aren’t the ones allowed to make that decision and bring those feelings barreling out like a tidal wave. The tables turn almost half way into Devil Smoke. It's brilliant. 

You need to read this final book. The Butcher Boys have kept us begging for more and now we have them all. I just don’t know if its enough and I'm ready to let go. Max you slay me! I just want to wrap these up and keep them in a little box with some other favorite authors. What a wonderful world that would be! 

Click this one up and all the others too. Amazing men on these pages; brutal and honest; bad ass and sexy as hell. I received an ARC for an honest review. Thank you Max! I will be waiting for the Fallen Saints with anxiety laced thoughts! Review to post on Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment