Saturday, October 10, 2015

Amy's 4.5 star review of SAVAGE ROAD (A Devil Call MC Book) (Layne & Shelby Book One) by Ana W. Fawkes




He was ready to claim the President's patch...until she stepped into his path. 

Layne - I rode into town ready to claim my destiny as President of the Devil Call MC, but found a club that was self-destructing. I don't have time for any distractions...but when I see her behind the bar, I can't look away. I have to make her mine...but doing that puts her right in harm's way. 

Shelby - Since he walked into the bar, I can't stop thinking about him. I always swore I'd never get involved with a biker and my dad and his connections will kill us both if he finds out. But I'm falling hard and even the dangers brewing at the club can't change how I feel about him... 












4.5 stars

Let me start by saying that I ONLY gave this book a 4.5 star rating and not 5 because I had not had the chance to read the previous books. I felt like I was missing something and obviously I was … more back story to these characters. I wasn’t lost but when I passed through Layne giving us the reason why he was headed to Oakville I wanted to know more. This is a great thing for the author because it made me go back and load those previous books on my TBR. However as a reviewer I wish I would have known about those books before reading Savage Road. 

On to the story. Those that you follow this series know that Layne has not had a great past with women. He was in love but it didn’t end well. Talon has sent Layne to take over the head of the table in Oakville with the Devil Call chapter the next town over. Everything is a mess and the MC is self destructing. Rex is gone. Layne’s first day even without the patch on his vest is a bitch to say the least. There is a traitor in the club, he isn’t met with open arms and everyone is on edge … and … he will be dammed if there isn’t a beautiful woman standing behind the bar; a woman who immediately gets under his skin. 

Shelby has a rule .. never sleep with a biker. NEVER SLEEP WITH A BIKER. Shelby tends the bar for money and to watch and listen. Shelby needs to find her mother; she needs answers. Her father is a wreck. He sleeps with a shotgun by his side, he is jumpy, lives out in the middle of now where and is NOT pleased Shelby is looking for the woman he hates. 

There is so much going on in this book I loved it. We have the Mountain Killers MC, the mafia and traitors in the club. The cliffhanger alone will leave your mouth gaping open. I will also tell you that you are going to want to beat the shit out of a few members of the MC along with Shelby’s dickhead father. Layne you are going to want to stand in his path and hope he drags you along with him holding you hostage with his wicked ways …. Hard core but something else is lurking inside that man. Layne has no idea what the heck he is doing messing with Shelby and Shelby knows she needs to tell him his secret. Finn has already warned her that she needs to give up who she is. And Finn .. good lord … There are so many bad ass men on these pages I might just hurt myself trying to give one no more attention that the other. Lord. 

This is a great read; lots of action in all ways; tons of mystery and deception too. I'm certain this is only the beginning. Can't wait for the next book. In the mean time I will be back pedaling to the stories I missed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment