Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Review of Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn - 5 outstanding stars!

What can I say.... I am a sucker for MC books and I had heard sooooo much about this new release that I couldn't wait to pick it up and start reading it.  I was scared though.... Can I just say this is not your typical MC book.   Don't go into it with any thoughts of MC books you have read in the past.  This book is beautiful - if you can even describe it as such.  You will be thrown into some heavy 70s biker sh*t....

Mind Blown.  Speechless.  Heartbroken.  

Upon the first few pages - you know something major has happened.  I mean, the author tells you, at the beginning what has happened and ....what happens next.....yeah..... I cried!  I sat there and literally said to myself  "I don't know if I can read this book, knowing what just happened" 

Even after reading and knowing -  It still did not emotionally prepare me for the pages and story that followed.  I thought I would be strong....and I wasn't.  I still shed tears......

This book left me heartbroken, sad, mad, angry, happy, and emotional for a few days.  I kept thinking about the story and what the characters went through.  I was sad for each of them.  This book left me a bit speechless.  I still don't really know if I love the author or hate her  (haha)  The ending was not at all what I had in my mind and yet.... it was brilliant.  

We are thrown into the world of "Kit" 25 years AFTER she is kidnapped.  We are taken on her journey as she lived in the world of the MC - and her new family.  Now - I was skeptical  to read about a girl getting kidnapped - but trust me.    It isn't at all what you are thinking.  You will grow to understand why things happened the way they did and why Kit never came forward.  You may not always like her choices or those of  her new family, but your heart will open up and let each of these main characters in.  You will feel as if you are Kit living on the edge of the Florida Everglades in the 70's with a bunch of crazy bikers =)  I loved how brave and strong she was.  And yet, You will be torn, as I was, at different times of the story.  She was basically thrown into the world of the club and all it's criminal activities at the age of 15.  You will ask yourself - why did she never try to leave..... the answers are a debate for most.  Did she hate her home life so much?  Did she really love Grizz enough to stay?   

At first, I was MAD!  I hated Grizz.  But then, I fell in love with him.  The love he has for Kit was no doubt real and genuine.  Did he do things to piss me off - YES!   But, in my eyes, he always redeemed himself.  The love they share was not the typical boy meets girl.  But in reading the story and the development of each character you know that it was meant to be.    Kit became the light to the darkness he lived in.  He is truly the bossy, sexy, lovable alpha male that everyone loves to hate.  

Grunt - a character that surprised me!  Another one that I was torn as to what I felt for him.  At first, I loved him.  Then Hated him.  Then loved him again.... I won't tell you how my feelings are for him today =)    His friendship towards Kit is true.  Does he always make the best choices when it came to her....no.....but when does anything happen like we want it to in these books.   

We witness some not so pleasant stuff that happens when you are in an MC.   Some made me cringe. 

The author wrote an amazing, brilliant, emotional and leave you saying WTF just happened story.  You are left with lots of unanswered questions.....lot's of OMG I did not see that coming.....some real tears.....and days later....you will still be thinking of this book - the characters - and the ending that kicked me hard!   

Do yourself a favor - go one click this book!  Don't go into it thinking it's some god awful kidnapping of a child/MC book....because TRUST ME!  It's not at all what you are thinking.  It's simply amazing.


BRAVO Beth Flynn!  You had me at Nine Minutes!   



No comments:

Post a Comment