Friday, September 25, 2015

My 5 star ARC review of Walk Through Fire (Chaos #4) by Kristen Ashley

ARC Provided by Netgalley for an Honest Review









The flame never dies . . .Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flame sparks a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off . . . 

Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man . . .










So, Can I just say that I love love love Logan aka High.   I would Walk Through Fire for that man anyday.

I was nervous and excited to jump into this when I received the copy from Netgalley.  I was nervous because Ride Steady wasn't my favorite KA book and I was left a little disappointed.  It made me nervous going into this one thinking I would be let down again.  But Holy Crap.... this book is GOOD and HOT!

This book is full of everything I love in a book - hell a KA book!   She is the Queen of Alpha Males and Logan..... yeah....In my opinion he was the Alpha of all Alphas!    Every time that man spoke I melted into a pool of nothing.  This book had drama, angst, tension and it was heart wrenching.  We are taken on a roller coaster of emotions.  I cried and I laughed.

High is such an Alpha......and a complete A**Hole when he learns that Millie is back.  The first scene where they are "reunited" left my heart hurting and yet I was screaming YES!!!!  This is what I love! It's been 20 years and the reunion didn't go as Millie had planned.  High is harboring a lot of anger and all that resurfaces when he gets sight of Millie.

Millie left 20 years ago and didn't look back.  She grew up and made a name for herself.  She has never really lived again.   She has always been "only his" and although her career has given her everything she could want...... the one thing that was missing.......wasn't happy to see her.

We have cameos of our favorites and that was true KA style.  ;)

When the truth comes out about why Millie left, my heart ached.   And I hoped that High would understand and they'd live happily ever after.  But......... because  life has happened.  We have an ex and kids and Benito Valenzuela lingering in the shadows.   This game of tug of war is about to have you on the edge of your seat!

That is all I will say for now.   Just know that my friends thought I was crazy to not love Ride Steady (maybe a re-read is due and I'll like it now) so when I say I LOVE THIS BOOK.... then I LOVE IT!  I can't wait for you to Walk Through Fire when this releases.   Just remember.... High is mine ;)

 FIVE STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment