Friday, June 23, 2017

Amy's 4 star ARC Review of Recluse by Jaycee Ford



You were my brother in the line of duty.
My partner.
My best friend.
You were the man who had it all.
Your thoroughness and precision made you a great cop.
It’s what got you killed.
And now I live with the darkening shadows of your memory.
You weren’t here when I needed you to save me.
You weren’t here when I needed help solving the most gruesome murder this town had ever seen.
But most of all, you weren’t here to keep me from falling in love with your wife.








Wyatt and Grace are both mourning the death of a best friend and a husband. Coming back home without his best friend and fighting feelings for that best friends wife -- add that into the mix with some town murders and you have a story. It sounds wonky I know but it is a good story line. 

I wasn't aware when I started reading this was a cliffhanger book so that bummed me out but it was good enough to keep me wanting to read the rest of the story. There were some iffy parts in the story for me as far as the relationship points between these two but again the mystery and the growth of the two main characters kept me turning the pages. 

I am anxious to see what happens so I will click up the next. Thank you for the ARC!

No comments:

Post a Comment