Monday, November 13, 2017

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of Shattered Souls: To Love and Serve 1 by Alison Mello




I left home a proud, strong woman, determined and eager to support my country. But I came back a completely different person. 

I’m wounded, scarred, and nothing more than an empty shell. I’ve lost my ability to open up to those closest to me. Why? Because no one understands. No one knows the hell I’ve been through.

Every time I close my eyes the nightmares are there, waiting, lurking in the shadows, ready to torment me further. My only escape is the sting of alcohol, the burn that numbs my pain. Everyone sees it as a weakness, calls it a coping mechanism. I call it survival.

I’m a lost cause…until I meet him—a Boston cop with demons of his own, who knows what it’s like to be haunted by his past. He understands my pain, knows all about the nightmares, and makes me feel less…alone.

But we are both broken, tainted by our pasts. How can we heal each other when we’re both shattered souls?










Lexi has served her country as a medic bringing home scars that no one should ever have to bear. Injured, broken and plagued by the darkness that consumes her, the only way out of her head is with alcohol. The journey home was the worst part. No one understands. 

Officer Keegan Ward has memories of his own. His mother is and was will always be a junkie. The life she provided or lack of is what drove him to be a cop. His sessions don't help - the nightmares are constant but the girl walking down the ramp at the airport ... well maybe just maybe there might be some hope and goodness in the world. 

This is a tormented souls book for sure. However, I loved the fact that the solider coming home was a female. GREAT CHOICE. This was a quick good solid read for me. A romantic climb and tread your way through hell together book with of course its ups and downs. Strong characters in the secondary as well. Very good read -- click it up for an excellent change of the hero coming home from war. 

Thank you for the ARC! 

No comments:

Post a Comment