Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My 3 star review of Savage Stalker ( Savage Angels MC #1) by Kathleen Kelly

Synopsis
Katarina Saunders. Kat to the world, international rock star. Lead singer for The Grinders. Until an accident that ruins her career and sends her running into the mountains, away from everything and everyone.

Dane Reynolds, President of the Savage Angels MC. Fierce, strong and loyal. 

He’s had his eye on Kat for a while now and has been waiting for her to come to him, but he’s had enough of waiting. He’s decided it’s time to make her his. But so has her stalker, he’s been waiting for far too long…

Can Dane save Kat? Or will her savage stalker get to her first?





My Review -

For a debut novel - it was okay. I wanted to love this but,  It didn't grab me like I had hoped it would.  There wasn't really any "MC" related stuff in this book.  It was focussed more on  Kat and her music and the stalker she had, the very fast paced relationship she and Dane fell into and the MC "helping" to protect her from the stalker.  The relationship between Kat and Dane moved a tad too fast.  Unrealistic (yes I know it's fiction).  The story itself lacked suspense and angst and was a bit too predictable for my taste.  And as far as the stalker situation - I called that in the beginning.  I knew who it was.  

Dane was not as alpha as I like my MC males and Kat was just naive and boring.   

The story is told in MANY alternating POV's and that became a bit too much and a bit strange.  The whole Judge and Jasmine scene was so out of place and not necessary and didn't even have anything to do with the story.  Just weird!  

There were so may secrets still left unanswered at the end.  The sex was "okay" and I just felt this story was too choppy and all over the place and fell flat.  I want to think this series has potential to be better.  Will I read the second one?  Yes..... I always do... just to see if the story and author can redeem themselves and rock my socks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment