Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My Review of Love Abstract (The Art of Falling Book 2) by B.L. Berry

Synopsis

Things aren't always what they seem. 
And in the light, Sleeping Shadows awaken and truths are exposed. 

Love... 
I love you. 
Of all the lies he ever told me, that is my favorite. 

Deceit... 
Phoenix isn't who he thinks he is. 
He is what he hides. 
I know that now. 

Lies... 
His lies became so real he started to believe them, 
deceiving even himself. 
His silence lies, too. 

The truth won't set you free. It will destroy you. 
Love is deceptive like that.   

* * New Adult Contemporary Romance - Recommended for readers 18+ due to mature content * *





Review -

First off....You MUST read book one Love Nouveau first!  

" Just Because" - Fave quote

ARC provided for an honest review!  This was one of my most anticipated books for the year.  And can I just say ... another GREAT cover!   Welcome back Phoenix and Ivy! 

I am so happy the author chose to continue their story.  We pick up basically where book one left us.  They are living in New York and are "madly in love" with one another!  

Secrets - When we left off in book one we knew Nix was harboring something huge!  I will admit that I thought I knew the secret and every time I thought I knew the truth.... I was wrong!   

This one, just like the first, was packed full of emotion.  It made me laugh....it made me cry.... and it made my heart beat fast and pitter patter. I had butterflies in my stomach during certain parts.    The two of them are desperately trying to find their HEA together.  It's hard though, when you know one is holding onto things he won't share and one is holding on to the nightmare of what happened to her in book one.  

We see a different side to Nix in this one.  In book one, we fell in love with him as this Perfect boyfriend and in this one - we see more of his flaws and emotions.  

When the truths are revealed it causes a strain on their relationship.  Ivy is devastated.  Nix broke my heart!  He redeemed himself a little with the "make up" scene.  

We are introduced to Brock..... he was Ivy's saving grace.  To have a friend like Brock!   He was so funny and truly a great friend to both Ivy and Nix.  



With all that the two of them are struggling to overcome you can see just how much Nix loves Ivy.  
If I had anything negative to say it would be the almost rushed way the sister and father were in this one.  I think both of those situations could have used a bit more attention.  But - it didn't really take away from the story.  


"Right now you just want me.  I'm about to show you what it's like to truly need me" - Fave quote!  

Is love enough?  That is the burning question.    Will these two find their HEA or are they destined to be just friends?   A beautiful story with closure!  

BL Berry has a way of writing words that draw you in.  They wrap themselves around you and make you FEEL everything her characters are feeling.  The little bits of Humor are Laugh out loud funny.  I see a Big Bright Successful future for BL Berry!  And I am glad I was along for the ride!  Congrats my friend!  You nailed this one too!  

5 stars 

"Life is too short not to eat cheeseburgers" - fave quote


No comments:

Post a Comment