Monday, February 6, 2017

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Trigger: A Circle of Justice Novel by L.P. Dover



*~* STANDALONE NOVEL *~*

A killer . . . that's what I am.
It's what I do.
It's what I live for.
I'm no longer the Preston Hale everyone knew. I left that life and the people in it a long time ago the second I made my first kill. I wasn't going to give in, but when I heard the screams there was no going back.
It triggered the pain, the need.
I knew what I had to do, and I did it well. But I never expected for Emma Turner - the only link to my past - to come back into my life.
She triggers a different emotion inside me, something I hadn't ever felt.
It's not a want to kill . . . but a need to CLAIM.







Preston had his life changed in the blink of an eye. One night .. not even 24 hours not even 12 .. one night. The loss he suffers is huge and tears him into pieces. Vowing he will find out who took the two most important people away from him he is starting to lose himself in the process as well. The dark end of the tunnel is where he is slipping away. 

Emma doesn’t understand why the man she loved just left. He was there and then gone. Years have past and now that same man is staring back at her acting like he doesn’t know her. She won't stop until she finds out what happened to him. What he left behind including her isn’t over. 

This is a decent read. I wasn’t really connected the characters as I like to be in a story. Everything pieced together well but I just didn’t get into the story. Now this isn’t a dark read but there is suspense and of course a lot of digging into what happened and why. Think private eyes type read. 

Thank you for the ARC LP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment