Friday, February 24, 2017

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Raine's Haven by Shari J Ryan










~ Haven ~ I felt like I was living in a prison while watching Raine Carson from my window, studying his sexy, tanned, and muscular physique for six long months. From inside of my house, he was perfect. 

Then I found out everything looked different from afar. Raine, a blunt and hot tempered man was living a life he wasn't proud of, and I found myself oddly attracted to the sickening reality he opened my eyes to.

~ Raine ~ She thought I'd fall for her seductive ploy and scarlet-glossed lips. She was right. Every person in this small town had something negative to say about Haven Leigh's life—the girl who had been handed everything on a silver platter. I ignored the rumors, and instead, searched for her truths.

While struggling with disabling side-effects left behind by my coke-addict mother, Haven became the hope I needed. She was the good I wanted to be.

But, as it turns out, she was the trouble I should have stayed away from.



s





5 stars

This is a great story of staying true to yourself and building yourself back to who you once were. Living in a lie of a life, Haven didn't fit in, didn't want a part of her father's lies and didn't want to intermix with the high society fakes. The one thing she did want was the man who comes like clockwork to care for the grounds. He is beautiful and he is pure. Watching him for six long months she finally decides to make her move. His restraint though may prove to be more than she bargained for. Lies and betrayal send him away. 

Raine lives with the impairments handed to him by his mother. His guiding light was his grandfather and the two women that became his family. He has nothing, living and sleeping on the street. Haven is someone to be left untouched. The one night he doesn't have restraint is the one night that changes his again forever. Seven years later heading back into town with the secrets he holds, Raine intends on making things right. Haven has someone in her life that has not been living a lie and he intends on getting what is his back. 

Raine. -- Wow what a beautifully written character. Instead of being angry Raine took what he was given in his life and moved forward. The way he was written completely captivated me. I wanted to know how he held himself in such a calm sense and how he held the secrets he did in order to shelter those that he cared for. Haven was just as well written in her own way. She was strong and refused to conform knowing something was not right. She knew her father didn't deserve to be where he was as Mayor. Loved her bravery. 

The cover will make perfect sense once you dig into the story. I must admit the mystery of the man under the covering of the shirt is something that I really love on a cover. The skyline is stunning and holds a very significant part in the book as well as the water and why all of this is actually taking place on this brilliant photo. 

This is an absolute must read. Click this one up and disappear for a bit -- take some time for yourself and immerse your body into Raine's town -- his sense of life and his heart. Thank you so very much for the ARC! 

No comments:

Post a Comment