Monday, May 15, 2017

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Fury by Cat Porter




I still have the dreams, baby. Do you?
In mine, I plead and wait for your touch to come like it always did.
But it never does.
I strain against the iron, but you’re no longer there in the shadows. 
I’m alone.
One single shard of deep dark hope was enough back then.
Not now.
My claws, your fangs have sunk deep.
Follow my trail of blood,
my trail of anger, desolation.
Am I the same man?
Soul dark,
Heart dense,
Blood fierce,
Purpose raw.
Flame burning.
Unrelenting.
Brewed on vengeance,
laced with tenderness,
my fury for you.

Chained in brutal darkness, they fell in love. Free in the world, they were torn apart. Empires rise, empires fall, and still, she burns in his soul. But between them now runs a wild river of ambition, greed, and blood. So much blood. He’ll do anything for revenge, and she’ll do anything to protect him. Love and vengeance are the same kind of savage...

**This is for mature readers only! Graphic sexual situations and trigger warnings. Some situations may not be comfortable for all readers.




Fury is sort of a part of the Lock and Key series maybe? I don't know -- however this is a really tough read -- there are triggers all over the place in this book so be warned. 

This is Finger and Lenore's story. Fury is a very very dark read and again this is a definite MC of the bad kind ... I wouldn't say this is a love story but a story of survival. These two have absolute horrible beginnings. I mean you talk about the depths of hell. And how they survived is just an entire other issue in itself. 

I will tell you the story is deep and just drenched in emotion but not happy and rainbows. The most you get I would say is maybe the lighter portion of a tornadic shit storm laced with intertwining of the devil himself. Yup ... I felt like we were reliving the same horrible scene over and over again. 

Again I will say this is not a bad read but it's tough. It was a little too graphic for me as far as the scenes that were depicted BUT if you look solely at the writing of Cat she is extremely talented and you certainly do not want to see what's inside that head. 

I appreciate the chance to read -

No comments:

Post a Comment