Monday, May 8, 2017

Amy's 4 star ARC Review of Villain: A Dark Romance by Jackie Wang




I go by many names: Playboy, Hustler, Villain.
They call me a sadistic a**hole because I rob from the poor and cheat on the weak.
Do I ever regret the choices I’ve made? All the damn time.
But it’s too late to turn back, and too late to start over…
I’ve never even considered giving it all up for anyone or anything before. 
Never had a reason or motivation to change.
Until I met her. 
Callista Rayner. Heiress. Goddess. Need-her-ass-up-on-my-mattress.
My last chance at redemption.
Problem was, I couldn’t afford to fall for her, because I didn’t want to ruin her. 
I didn’t want to destroy her, like the others that came before. 
Too bad I had no choice.
Too bad she was my pawn and I had to use her.
Too bad, too bad, too bad.

NOTE: This is a full-length, standalone dark romance/romantic suspense that contains sensitive subject matter.






So this is my first book by this author. I have been reading ALOT of wrongful jailed storylines lately so you are going to really need to hold my attention if that's the genre! This one was good in the twist of the events and held my attention so I say that is a pretty good indication that you might want to click this one up. 

From page one we start with Ryder at 21 years ago and fly forward to present day. We go back and forth within the book and even hit a 3 year ago mark and 4 weeks ago. So let me say if that is not your thing then this one is not for you. Having said that it was NOT hard to keep up and in fact the flashbacks were necessary for the story. And yes the first two pages ... TWO PAGES will floor you. 

Ryder Williams has an assbag father to say the least and maybe you might give him some understanding from chapter one but lost that quickly. Hell bent on revenge Ryder plans on using Cally Rayner as his prey. He can't think with his you know what -- he has to keep his head in the game. Life sucked for Ryder as a kid -- he ran from home and ended up on the streets only to have his life taken away by mistake. He won't falter this time. 

Cally isn't one to believe the words coming out of Ryder's mouth. No one can surely be that sadistic. Especially when it's a family member. How and why should she trust the man she barely knows. Why would someone be so hateful to another human being for "no reason." Bribery ... paying people off to frame someone ?? But what if ... 

This one is a tough read at times be aware of that -- it does have some eeeek parts. Nothing that I haven't read before but if you are sensitive to abuse then don't click up. There are some very interesting secondary characters and a great end of story. I recommend clicking this one up and taking it to the beach with you! Thank you for the ARC and the chance to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment