Monday, November 11, 2013

Craving Constellations (The Aces MC) by Nicole Jacquelyn


What can I say.... I'm a sucker for MC books. I am a MC Book Slut!  All I need to hear is there is a hot alpha with a Harley and Tattoos and I am giving that book a try.....No arm twisting needed....and I am sooooo glad I gave this one a chance.   

Holy FUCKING SHIT BALLS!  I started this book and didn't stop until I was done.  And then just sat here in a book coma.......Nicole just gave me a Mind FUCK  

5 stars for this authors debut novel!  



I must warn you though if you are into Pretty, Sweet romances with rainbows and shit....this isn't the book for you.  This book had such Angst, Rawness, Gritty and down right Dirty at times.  It touches on things that some readers will not be able to handle.  It was full of emotions!

Brenna grew up in the MC "Princess of the Aces MC" and left home to start over to get away from the life she didn't want anymore only to be drug into a different kind of life....an abusive one! Her clean cut husband became an abusive asshole!  When it gets to be too much for her she packs up and takes her young child and runs right back to the life she left years ago....to her father, to dragon and the Aces MC!  The entire MC feels betrayed and hurt over Brenna just up and leaving all those years ago.  Once she confesses to what has happened to her over the past five years the MC is FURIOUS and out for revenge.  No matter how mad they were at her for leaving she is the "Princess of the Aces MC" for fucks sake.  No one will hurt her! 

"I told myself I was running to my Pop, but I wasn't. I was running to Dragon the same way I had always run to him in my mind when I needed him."

Dragon....oh sweet baby Jesus that man is pure alpha! He's tall,has a full beard, long hair, dimples,tattoos and swears like there is no tomorrow. He is absolutely 100% bad ass ALPHA MALE.  He is possessive, dominant, rough, talks dirty and orders you around.  I love everything about this man!  

He is PISSED when he sees that Brenna is back.  One night of passion years ago...him not knowing she was the Vice Prez daughter....turned into him wanting her all these years.  Her leaving without a word pissed him off more.  Now, that she is home he's in trouble!  

“He was like a wounded animal, and I was the hunter who’d wounded him.” - Brenna

Not only is he in trouble with the club when they find out that he slept with her all those years ago, but he's in trouble because a daughter was conceived that he knew nothing about.  That infuriates him!  He tries to avoid his feelings for Brenna but can't....and the punishment he receives for doing what he did had my eyes tearing up....but it could have been so much worse!  

“Fuckin’ gone for five years. No one hears from you. Now, you come back, and I find out you had my daughter and didn’t tell me FOR FIVE FUCKIN’ YEARS?” His voice was steadily rising, and by the time he finished, he was roaring in my face.

He's got an old lady and once he realizes his love for Brenna he drops her.  I actually loved this one scene where he and his old lady are with Trix (his daughter) and you hear her saying something to Dragon about how they now have a daughter....well....Brenna goes all MC Princess on her.....she is no longer the stepford wife that she was when she came back....The Princess of the Aces MC is back in full force..... 

"My daughter has a mother.  She is not and never will be yours.  You stay the fuck away from her.  And if I ever see you look at her again the way you were earlier, I'll fucking cut your eyes out with a dull spoon"  

"I was the princess of the Aces MC, and I had the bloody knuckles to prove it"

I felt every emotion in this one.  We deal with her crazy ex coming back to look for her.  We see how bad ass Dragon is but we also see his extremely loving and caring side when it comes to his daughter. 

Yeah, okay, Brenna. You wanna pretend like you and me aren’t what we are, that’s fine. I’m not gonna pretend. I’m not takin’ your bullshit either. Baby, I’ve been waitin’ five years for you. That shit’s never gone away. So, you can bitch and moan and make your own life miserable, or you can suck it the fuck up and get on the same page with me. I’m not goin’ anywhere.

Brenna is broken.  Her husband really did a number on her.  So, she has very low self esteem and Dragon had me swooning all the fucking time when he would talk to Brenna and tell her how much he loved her body and such.  She is not happy with the way her body looks now after having the baby.  I loved how emotional it was when Dragon seen the stretch marks on Brenna.... 

“I can't believe you had my baby. She was all curled up in here, and I never saw it." He shook his head. "This is all I'll ever see, Brenna. This is all I get. Let me look.”

****
It's the hottest thing I've ever seen watching you take me. Not sayin' you're a bump on a log, for fuck's sake. You trust me to give it to you. You know I will, and you let me do it. I know you haven't been with many men, but let me tell you, that ain't how it usually is. You're so fuckin' sexy layin' there, sayin' my name, makin' those noises you make. Wouldn't trade that for anything.
*****

Love that Brenna always thought of Dragon while she was away.  He was the one who pulled her through those tough times even though he wasn't actually there.  Love that she got a tattoo on her lower stomach of a Draco.  Dragon knowing absolutely it's Dragon for him.  

The love between these two is real.  We feel every emotion from both POV's.  There are a lot of issues that must be dealt with and some secrets revealed.  There are plenty of ups and downs.  There are a few OMFG moments that left me in such shock.  That I was gasping for air.  It doesn't focus much on the actual activities of this MC...more about the "family" and it was so raw, gritty, and emotional and I couldn't get enough!  






No comments:

Post a Comment