Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Stricken Desire and Sticken Unveiled (Stricken Rock series) by S. K. Logdson

I don't even remember how I stumbled upon this new author but I am glad that I did.  I was sick in bed when I started this book and it grabbed my attention and I immediately had to buy the next one.  



Rock Star, Sex, Drugs, Rock n Roll, groupies, steamy HOT Sex..... it has it all!  Yes, there are some Editing errors but I can look past those.  This author can write some sex scenes let me tell you.... WOWZA.... and even the not so hard core scenes she writes will have your panties falling off =)  

Emily is a smart mouthed, short, not a size 0, sassy girl.  She takes on a job with her guy best friend Stacy to help manage and go on the road with the rock band Stricken.  Immediately seeing Jonathan there is attitude thrown out by both of them.  They argue and fight and let's face it....in the end they hook up!  And boy do they!  YUM!  

Stacy has been her best friend since child hood.  He was there for her through her shit and she was their for him through his.  You'd think they were married the way they are with each other.  Their relationship takes a beating several times in this book.  He keeps secrets from Emily and that causes a huge strain on them.  

Jonathan- cocky, man whore, lead singer of the band Stricken.  He and Emily start out on the wrong foot.  But, something happens and he becomes attached.  Wanting her only for himself.  They begin an emotional journey of love and lust.

I swear I went through so many emotions while reading this story.  One minute I am in love with Jonathan and the next I hate him.  He truly is a MAN WHORE!  I didn't know what Emily was thinking when she would take him back.  Several times I wanted to actually cry for her.  Like, how many times can he break her f*cking heart!  


I am reviewing both books together and I apologize... I read one after the other and it's a continuation of the story....

In book two we follow Emily and Clair's relationship....yes you heard that right.... Emily takes a walk on the Lesbian side and it's just as hot as her sex with Jonathan.  Not everyone's cup of tea I know... BUT you have to get through it in order to follow the series.  A LOT happens in book two.....    I don't do spoilers so I am keeping stuff hush hush.... I personally enjoyed seeing Emily try new things and discover herself.  The sweet innocent Emily from the beginning of book one is LONG GONE in book two.  

We have James.....Jonathan's bodyguard who strictly becomes only Emily's body guard and best friend. Jonathan once again F*cks up and makes sure that Emily is protected at all times.    I am secretly hoping for a James/Emily hook up.... the licking the peanut butter off the finger scene made my girly parts tingle and I waited and waited for them to get freaky.....  

 In this book, Emily has to once again deal with the roller coaster of a relationship with Jonathan.  That man just can't keep his shit together.  He ends up at the end of book one in rehab and once he gets out in book two we think he has finally changed and truly means it and means it when he says he loves Emily.....  The boy has some serious shit going on in that head of his from his past.  The nightmares return when he is going through his off again stages with Emily.   I pray he gets his shit together in the next book.  I have rooted for them the entire two books....and yet.... I think James is a better fit for her although he in no way...... tries anything romantic with Emily.... =(   

I don't think her pursuing a real relationship with Claire is what is best for her.  I feel though, that Claire is becoming too attached and could cause problems later..... and problems seem to follow Emily and Jonathan.  Mostly because of Jonathan.  

I always say that when I do reviews it's often hard.  Because I don't like to give away spoilers.  I like the readers to fall in love or hate with the book on their own.  I want them to feel the emotions I felt when I read a book.  This book is worth giving a chance.  I've read a lot of people talk about the editing issues etc and you can get past all that.  It wasn't that big a deal to me.  I was captured by the characters and pulled in immediately.   I was taken on one hell of a roller coaster ride.  My heart ached for Emily many times.  I wanted to love Jonathan but often hated him.  I mean lets face it... it's a rock n roll love story.  We know what happens with those cocky ass rock stars.  They can't get their shit together or keep their "anaconda dicks" in their pants =)  We see Emily go through her own personal changes and struggles.  We meet several characters along the way that we fall in love with.  

I am torn though..... like in this one during this one particular scene (the plane) my heart freaking ACHED for Emily.  I was at that moment DONE with Jonathan.   So, that left me TORN..... do I continue to believe that he can change and the two of them get their HEA or do I continue to secretly pull for a romance and HEA with her and James.  Trust me ya'll... you will understand my Love of James when you read this series.  

Another thing I often say... I may give a book 5 stars and someone behind me that reads it will hate it and give it 2.   We each have our own opinions.  I personally think this new author ROCKED it and I give this series 5 stars.  I loved it.... loved it so much at the end of book two I was on a book high.....  wishing I had my hands on the next one.    

I have purposely left out some major shit that happens because I DON"T DO SPOILERS.... some of it will make sense and you will understand a lot of my hate towards Jonathan and the love I have for James once you read it......  


So, if you love the rock stars like I do... go one click and give this author a chance.   

2 comments: