Thursday, November 14, 2013

Spark (Spark Series #1) by Brooke Cumberland

Hmmmmm......Hot firefighter.....sign me up please! I think that's all I read when I bought this one  =)
This will be a short and simple review.....3.5 stars.....I wanted to LOVE it.... 
I hate when I don't LOVE a book and feel like I am letting the author down.  

Velaney, has a very troubled and deep past.  Because of this past she is fragile, week, low self esteem and damaged.  Boyfriends....one!  Didn't work out!  She wouldn't sleep with him......She hates her parents and left home as soon as she could and now she lives with her best friend Carissa.  Velaney is a sports therapist by day at the local college and then bar tends a few nights a week with Carissa.  

The story starts out when there is a fire in the building.  Velaney (Laney as Carissa calls her) is awakened when she is being carried out by our HOT as HELL, tattooed and nipple pierced Firefighter, Eric!   He feels a "spark" there.....they becomes friends.  He wants more.  She feels the connection, but because of her past she is scared to try and get close to anyone.  He doesn't give up.  

Often she finds him just showing up in their apartment.  Making breakfast and such.  Velaney is very clumsy...He's had to save her on more than one occasion.  They develop a strong friendship.  Start running together in the mornings.  Hanging out.  He gets jealous when she goes on a few dates.  

Eventually they decide to give the relationship a shot and when her past comes back to haunt her she runs and pushes him away.  

There were parts of the story I LOVED and then parts I didn't.  Some things to me were boarder line Coo Coo....like him always showing up in their apartment.  I almost felt like he was going to turn out to be a crazy stalker.  

In the end, Eric does help her through the troubled past and she is able to move on.  They seem to be living a HEA until they leave on a plane to visit his family....which is basically where we are left......hanging.......

I didn't HATE the book... I liked it.... I just felt some parts were a little far fetched and yes I know it's fiction.  I've said this before.  I don't love every book others enjoy and others don't enjoy some books I enjoy.  I have started book 2.... I will always finish a series..... 

You can find the author - 

Goodreads- 
 https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6980189.Brooke_Cumberland

Facebook - 
https://www.facebook.com/brookecumberlandauthor

Amazon link to purchase -
http://www.amazon.com/SPARK-Spark-Series-Brooke-Cumberland-ebook/dp/B00E6ZAHVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384430198&sr=8-1&keywords=spark+brooke+cumberland

No comments:

Post a Comment