Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Forgiving Lies by Molly McAdams


Where do I begin.... Oh Wait... Molly McAdams....that says it all!  This woman KNOWS how to write and she does it well!  I mean anyone who has read her previous books knows this.  They should also know that you usually need a box of tissues when you read her stories.

I went into this one without a box of tissues, because she promised me that she didn't cry while writing it and so that to me meant no tissues needed!  I'm calling her out..... Grant it, I didn't boo hoo cry major crocodile tears, but I did have a few moments of crying.

What can I say about this book without spoiling it for those who haven't read it....
There are many secrets in this one.....When I first started reading it and we meet Rachel, Candace and Blake I thought.... here we go.... another College romance story.... that is NOT AT ALL what we get..... I was starting to like the idea of Rachel and Blake together and then something major happens and I was like Holy crap....wth is going on!  Then we are introduced to undercover detectives-  Logan "Kash" and his partner Mason.  Then I prayed for a Rachel and Kash hook up.

I fell HARD for Kash..... Like head over heals in love with this man.  

The girls are college room mates and  have moved out of the dorms,  into an apartment together and the boys have just moved in across from them and after a not so friendly introduction on Kash's part with Rachel.... they do form a friendship... a best friendship.... that turns into something more.  Because of something that has happened to Rachel she doesn't trust men to easily.  

Kash and Mason are undercover looking for a serial killer and he hates that he can't tell Rachel his "true" identity. In his undercover line of work he is use to the made up stories they have to come up with and he knows that pulling anyone into their lives is a risk.   He has always said in their line of work there is no possible way to have a relationship.  He is as dedicated to his job as they come.  But, he falls and he falls quick for Rachel.  And in the end putting her life at risk.  

Yes, this does leave us with a cliffhanger!  GRRRR  I know..... Like I sat there thinking okay cool we will get a HEA and then I was like REALLY MOLLY....you just gonna leave us hanging like that..... 

There are a lot of mixed reviews going around about this one.  I will give this one 4 stars.  It might have been slow at parts but it kept me wanting more.  I think people were just so emotionally attached to Molly as an author because of her previous books and the roller coaster she took us on during those that they went into this with that same mind set.... this book is different.  We didn't need a box of tissues to get through it.  It was emotional and yet had suspense.   IF you love Molly....you must give this a shot!  I will sit here and just like others....wait patiently for the next book..... still can't believe she left me on that cliff.... lol  

Love you Molly!  





No comments:

Post a Comment