Thursday, December 10, 2015

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of A Date With The Devil by Kira Adams





The Monster.

In one moment, my entire life was ripped away from me. I ignored the warning signs until it was too late. Until I became the victim.

He took my life away from me; my freedom, my courage. I've lived my life in debilitating fear since that fateful day.

The Savior.

He was there the day it all went down, and he's been by my side ever since. He's been the only thing that's kept me going.

He's my best friend, but he wants more. I'm terrified to lose him. I'm terrified he'll leave.

One tried to kill me.

One brought me back to life.

I'll never be the same person again--that girl died when the match was dropped. Too much has already been stolen from me.

It's time to take back what's mine.















Thank goodness this is a standalone because I don’t think I can take anymore … in a good but very disturbing way. I will tell you there is a happy ending so don’t stop reading if you click this one up. I also will tell you there are some very intense events that occur so if you have triggers over abuse DO NOT CLICK. 

Bryce has sheltered herself in her house since the “accident.” She is extremely fearful due to the hate she experienced at the hands of her ex –boyfriend Robbie. She is a basically a hermit. Fear is the only thing that she feels anymore. The rest of her emotions left her body a long time ago. The one person she can count on is Tyson. Standing beside her every step of the way he has been her saving grace. 

Bryce has flashbacks through the book leaving you crushed and horrified. By some miracle this woman is still standing and alive but not living. There were times I was so anxiety ridden for her I don’t know how Kira continued to write Bryce’s turmoil. What Kira has done has given us the story of not only a survivor but also a warrior. 

Tyson has been there and he is edging Bryce to work towards getting better. He wants to be there for her but also wants more with her. His intentions are pure and he puts himself out there for Bryce hoping she will grab onto him. The question is will Bryce work with Tyson to get herself back or will she continue her downward spiral. 

This was a brutal read to say the least but I loved it. I love strong characters and this is exactly what Tyson and Bryce are. You will be amazed at both of these characters strength. I loved this story. This is an example of an excellent job of centering a character on such a atrocious subject. 

Thank you Kira for the ARC. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment