Thursday, December 10, 2015

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of On The Rocks by Gillian Jones




*** SPECIAL NOTE *** 
Dear Reader, 
Mental Illness is a growing concern in our world today. On the Rocks is about surviving the aftermath of suicide, and believing in love again. Levi and Braunwyn’s love story is inspired by events that impacted the lives of people I care about deeply. With all of the research and ongoing concerns with mental health, I’ve decided to try and do something to bring awareness and light to this growing concern. I will be donating 10% of all pre-order and release week profits to the Canadian Mental Health Association. 
Thank you in advance for your support with this endeavour. 
Gillian xx 

Braunwyn 
Four years ago, losing the love of my life almost destroyed me. 
Years of being labeled and looked upon with disdain by everyone in my hometown almost wrecked me. 
Four years ago, I became a mother and together we were enough… until I met him. 
He wanted to rebuild my broken —I just didn’t know how to let him. 
This is my story, of how one man’s love changed everything I thought I knew about life, love and myself. 
Can Levi Eddison prove to be my restoration? 

Levi 
Everything in my world changed the day Braunwyn Daniels walked into my pub. 
She was a woman of many contradictions. I recognized the happiness and sorrow each fighting its way to the surface from deep within. 
I was drawn to her immediately. 
Behind her long legs, chestnut brown hair and beautiful eyes lay a damaged soul. 
I needed to change that —I just didn’t know how. 
This is my story of how I met a broken girl and vowed to make her whole. 
In the end, it turns out I knew nothing about true happiness until Braunwyn Daniels let me love her. 








Wow … you want your heart to explode with shooting stars and fireworks you need to click this book up. First of all where is this man … where can I order one because I have never seen one like this anywhere in FL. I will also tell you that if you have a trigger over suicide, please do not click. 

I will be honest .. I thought I was getting ready to skim over another spoiled girl meets bad boy blah blah blah story …. I was soooooooo wrong. 

This is the second book in the Pub Fiction series. I haven’t read the other book and sometimes that bothers me. However I was so entranced by Levi that I really didn’t care about anything else. Speaking of Levi Eddison, he is the owner of Pub Fiction. Its his baby. His entire life is wrapped up in the making his business great. Women are there for the taking but he isn’t interested in anything long term. Running Pub Fiction doesn’t allow him to cater to the neediness of a woman nor does he have any desire to give up his time for something as such. 

Braunwyn Daniels is a single mom. She has no one to count on and has learned how to deal with that. Her Grams and her best friend London are the only two people besides her child that she cares to make happy. Her struggles have been more than any woman should have to endure and after four years of doing her best she is starting to break. Braun has convinced herself that she needs to start trying to somewhat interact with adults and be normal again. She believes getting a part time job might be a good idea. Pulling her shoulders back and putting on a brave face, she heads to Pub Fiction. 

This is a love love love story times a million. Gillian not only gives us an intricate story between Braun and Levi but also between “Scooby” or Emme (Braun’s daughter) and Levi. This book is a stunner; a keeper. You will save this one on your Kindle and read it again when you need it; when your heart needs it. Do not pass up giving the playlist that is included a listen. Dang! 

I will definitely be heading on over to click up the first book in this series; My Mind’s Eye. Gillian is an amazing story teller. I also applaud her ability to write in a very serious yet taboo topic in our society. Suicide is something people don’t want to talk about when the issue needs to be shouted to the rooftops letting those know who are suffering we are here for them with no judgment. 

Please if you do click this one up also do not skip over the author's note at the end. There is some tremendous information there. You never know when you might find yourself needing to know the information she has provided. 

Keep the books coming Gillian because I will be waiting. Thank you for the ARC. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment