Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Author Spotlight - Miles Hightower My Interview

Today in the HOT SEAT we have our very first MALE EROTIC ROMANCE author -                      

Miles Hightower 
(He doesn't like the focus on him - as you will read about, so why not put his name in BOLD RED letters) 


I had the privilege of sitting down and asking Miles a few questions.  Okay - In my mind we were sitting down together, sipping fruity drinks, like old friends. But in reality, I sat at my computer and  typed up some questions and sent them to his wife/PA Sara (my new best friend - she just doesn't know it yet)  But Hey...Don't ruin my fantasy!     Speaking of fantasies - Let me tell you about his Debut Novel -  Desires Unleashed!

Synopsis - 
Desires Unleashed is a modern day erotic romance about a husband and wife and their passion for one another. Miles Hightower writes the husband's POV and shares the desire of a man for his wife. Mitch and Molly have a happy marriage, but they are wanting something more. They both admit to having similar fantasies and desires that go beyond their current relationship. See which discoveries they act on and how their marriage handles their erotic adventure as their desires become unleashed.




First let me start off by saying I received a copy for an honest review!  Hold on to those panties ladies!   This one was Smoking 🔥 HOT! 🔥





My review ➡ http://ramblingsfromthesheets.blogspot.com/2015/08/my-4-star-review-of-desires-unleashed.html





❔ When I asked Miles what made him decide to write Erotic Romance and if he ,in fact, read this genre, he told me this - ↘ My interest in this genre has come from my wife.  She reads it.  I have in fact read this genre as well.  I have read Nicole Edwards and Kendall Grey.  I started writing this genre because my wife has such an interest in it and I thought it would be interesting to tell a story from a guy's POV.
                                 ⚡ Thank you Sara for your interest in Erotic Romance.  Because Miles hit a home run with this Debut novel - I M O!     As I stated in my review - FIREWORKS in my PANTS!



❔We discussed (while still sipping our cocktails) Why he thinks readers, particularly, women gravitate towards Male Erotic Authors?  ↘ I think maybe because it's just a different perspective.  And a chance to perhaps see what goes on in a guys mind, as opposed to a woman writing about what a guy is thinking.
                                ⚡  

❔He responded to my question "Do you find it hard to keep your personal life separate from your professional life as a Male Erotic author? with this  ↘ Well, I don't think I have a professional life as an author, so right now it's not too difficult.
                      ⚡ My response to his answer - I'll ask you again after your first signing in a few months.


❔When asked what is his biggest turn on? Turn off? ↘ He get's turned on by - A nice genuine smile       and turned off by Holier than thou attitude.
                     ⚡ Thank god I wore braces as a teen and have the perfect smile.  Pretty sure my dimples                         helped too.


via GIPHY



❔(Still smiling as I ask the next question) I asked Miles What he enjoyed most about writing Desires     Unleashed?  ↘ The last sex scene.
                       ⚡ Runs Quickly to READ that scene again!

                       

❔Because every woman who reads this will want to know - Were there any characteristics or parts of    Mitch are you? ↘  Yes, How much Mitch cares for his wife and his love of flying.
                 ⚡  


❔I asked if he thinks readers will read the book and think "Did that really happen?" He wrote about some pretty HOT INTENSE stuff, so it happened in real life right?  Will readers think it's his true life?  ↘Actually, I hope readers think it really happened.  While the book is fiction, I set out to write it so that readers would think that it could have actually happened.  I think it makes it a little more interesting for the reader to teeter on what it real vs fantasy.

                ⚡  

 ❔His answer to this question made me giggle, because I should have worded it differently.  I  asked him to describe your favorite PJ's? ↘I am going to assume you mean women's PJ's... I tend to sway towards the more comfortable.  Cheeky boy shorts and a tank top!
                  ⚡ Not at all what I picture him wearing.  I picture him wearing comfortable, loose fitting PJ Pants.

via GIPHY


❔If you were given a yacht... What would you name it and why?  ↘The Loft.  Read my book and you will know why.
                  ⚡ EXCELLENT name for a yacht.  I have read the book and I do know why!

via GIPHY


❔Any unique or quirky habits or traits we should know about?  ↘ That you SHOULD know about?? hmmmm... I don't think so.  I am a lefty.  I wrote Desires Unleashed on a mid-line Samsung phone and a free document app.  Writing on my phone lets me be a little more discrete while writing at home and give me some freedom to write where ever and whenever.  But I do save it to a laptop and do some mild editing there.
                     ⚡  A lefty.... for the love of god... PLEASE tell me you are a LIBRA too.

via GIPHY


❔What takes Miles out of his comfort zone?  ↘ Actually extra attention on me makes me uncomfortable.  I am not one who enjoys being in the spotlight.  Go figure, right?
                     ⚡ Having read the book - you are about to encounter A LOT of attention!  No worries though - I got your back!


via GIPHY

❔ How does Miles relax....well besides the obvious?  ↘ My family and kids consume most of my free time.  But when I get a chance.  I like to go flying, play golf and sit on a beach with a fruity drink.
                    ⚡ Family man!  I love it!  And you can fly us to our vacation getaway to play golf and sip drinks.... Extra points!

via GIPHY



❔ It's hard to believe he didn't want to be an author when he grew up - he had this to say when asked "What did you want to be when you grew up?" ↘ Growing up I always wanted to be an airline or corporate jet pilot.  I have a BS Degree in Aviation Flight.  I tried to make a career out of it, but didn't work out.  Thankfully, I enjoy doing what I am doing now.  He works as a Quality Engineer in an automotive assembly plant.
                    ⚡ Well Miles,  you now have Erotic Romance Author to add to your resume.  Because you Nailed it (no pun intended).  okay maybe a little

via GIPHY

❔If you haven't already, and you could Co-Write with one author...Who would you pick and why?
↘I might, I think it might be interesting to co-write with a female author and tell a story from both perspectives at the same time, by a male and female author.  Not sure who, though.  Any suggestions or volunteers?
                 ⚡  A Tag Team - I love it!

via GIPHY

❔ Any advice you would give your younger self if you could?   Study something else in college, other than aviation.  It's not going to work out anyway and you will be happier because of it.
                 ⚡ This answer makes me a little sad. In fact, NO SOUP FOR YOU!

via GIPHY

❔His favorite moves - ↘ He likes senseless comedies like Airplane, Stripes, CaddyShack, History of the World and the like.....
              ⚡  So I am guessing a night in watching Pretty Woman, Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry Met Sally etc is out?

via GIPHY


❔Does Miles Hightower believe in love at first sight?  ↘ No, not really.  It wasn't love at first sight with my wife, but now I can't imagine me without her.
                ⚡ Well, I don't know about others - but I have fallen in "love at first sight " with Desires Unleashed.

via GIPHY

After refilling our fruity drinks, I asked if there was anything he wanted to add.

↘  I get asked sometimes, during blog take overs or spotlights, what makes your book different or why should a reader pick my book?  - His book (s) are different than others in that 1) they are told from a guy's perspective, through a male characters eyes.  Yes there )are other male authors, but not many.  2) They are not about a "typical" larger than real life alpha male and a "barbie" female that have some sort of drama happen that keeps them from falling in love until the end of the book.  My book(s)are about "real " couples that are generally drama free and are just enjoying living life.  3) My books are a little closer to reality than fantasy.  I hope the reader can say "that could be me or us" , or that the story seems it could actually happen.


I will conclude this interview - kicking and screaming - because I don't want it to end.  I want to say this.... Thank you Miles for taking the time to sit down with me (haha- don't ruin the fantasy Miles) and for answering my Ramblings.  I have read the book and I do feel as if these two characters could be any of us.  I appreciate the fact you kept them "normal" and not some "Alpha" and "Barbie" we read about everyday in our stories.  Not that I don't like them... it was just refreshing to read about a couple who is that normal White Picket Fence married couple.


Desires Unleashed Available Now!  http://amzn.to/1hMhvBg

No comments:

Post a Comment