Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Six (Men By Numbers) by Ker Dukey



Intended for the mature reader. 

SIX
Men By Numbers Series


I grew up in the foster system and bounced around from place to place. I know what you’re thinking. Bad things happened to me and fucked me up? Don’t feel bad for me. I didn’t know a privileged life, therefore I didn’t miss one. I was what I was and I made it work. I actually had a few good homes in my lifetime, met some good people, but that’s not what my story’s about. It’s not a Romeo and Juliet saga either, even if our stories do revolve around a similar basis. I knew a real love, a rare love, a love between two people that were never supposed to fall in love. Rival gang members are never allowed to fall in love and it cost us everything. The things I learned growing up the way I did is this: Love is deadly and often not real. People come and go and only the rare few stick around when shit gets tough. I learned the hard way what lurks behind false smiles, and that deceitful truths get whispered in sexual moans. I was taught that dark souls are not born but created, and you can avoid them, hide from them or learn and become them.
Revenge sculpted and molded me into the darkest of souls, and with my wrath comes agony and torment more severe than hell itself. I took out six of the men who hurt my woman and I will be coming for the rest. Get in my way and I’ll come for you too.






Six
Ker Dukey 
5 stars

Wow – I couldn’t be happier after waiting for this one. Reading Ten set this series into motion for me and it seemed like forever until we got this one. It was worth the wait. 
Taylor Jake …. Whew … 

Taylor Jake grew up in foster care never letting anyone close to him until he met Haley. Only being a teenager he needed to protect her -- she was his heart and they spent many nights together but a relationship of the romantic sort wasn’t in the cards were Taylor. Due to Taylor becoming involved with the wrong person Haley pays the price of his sins at the hands of a rival gang and pure evil. Revenge is all he thinks about – Six is born with a fire burning his soul. 

The story then launches us years later with Six being released from prison. Owning the bar has changed him but he isn’t done seeking what needs to be handled. Six keeps everyone at arm's length until the most beautiful woman he has ever seen comes into his bar. He can't be near her .. but he hires her .. he can't have her but she is all he thinks about … he will taint her and destroy her just like he did Haley. 

Insert pages and pages of what in the hell and oh my god. I have never been wrapped in a book such as this and wanting things to go the other way … it absolutely gutted me in a awesome way … does that sound crazy – yes but it’s the truth. Revenge, restraint, passion with a vengeance … jaw dropping events .. its all there. Click this … you do NOT have to read Ten to understand what's going on .. these are stand alones. The Men By Numbers Series is a must read. 

Thank you Ker Dukey for the ARC! I can't wait for the next one – please hurry! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. Check out the blog and click up this book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment