Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Amy's 4 star ARC Review of Stain (King's Harlots MC, #2) by J. M. Walker



*Can be read as a standalone novel* 

"An unexpected evil brings both the MC and Military world together in this brand new series by J.M. Walker" 

He wants to be alone. 
Nightmares from his past keep him guarded and afraid. 
Vice-One is his life. They’re his brothers—the only people who helped keep him out of his own head long enough to move on from the childhood he never asked for. 

His therapy has been protecting his country, barely taking a break before beginning his next mission. But no amount of training can prepare him for his great challenge yet—convincing Meeka Cline that she will be his. 

She wants out. 
Her world fell apart when King’s Harlots no longer trusted her, but she continues to fight to gain back their respect. 
All she wants is to help those wronged by the evil that has put a shadow on everyone she knows. 
Asher Donovan comes to her for help when he needs her most only to have passion flare up between them. One problem: He’s her best friend. 

Putting aside their friendship, they use the heat between them to please the depraved minds they now understand…









4 stars

So this is the second in a series that can be read as a standalone – me I don’t like that because I want to know the backstory of the characters that already have a past. But I can say this was a good read and even for me the beginning pages made me squirm a little bit. I mean if you don’t like gore then don’t pick this up .. it's from page one. 

Asher is Vice One and has thrown himself deep into a human trafficking situation. That is not the word for it but I don’t know what else to say that would be allowed. This is one evil sadist that we are dealing with. Meeka is forced into a situation that Asher is going to have to handle. Meeka has to come into this job as his submissive in order for them to bring down the human trafficking. Meeka wanting no part of what she is about to embark on knows what is about to happen is something she will never be able to pull from her mind. Asher doesn’t want to bring his best friend into the situation he is about to but there is no one else that he can trust. 

Charles Brian is a man that is beyond evil. I have never in my life read a character has horrific as him. I don’t know how he came to pass in JM’s mind but dang girl. This one is a little rough so beware. This is one messed up dude. I don't even really have the words to describe his character. 

I can't say much more except that you will want to pick up the next if you start here. I can't imagine what is going to happen moving forward. 

Thank you JM for the chance to read. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment