Friday, January 20, 2017

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of Razing Grace Part 2 by Amo Jones






Can something that burns so rapidly calm the whispering chaos of your cries? Or is this all just an illusion. The perfect hypnosis. Like the humming of a sweet melody to your frantic brain.
Drip.
Blood trickled over the curve of Millie’s collarbone.
Drip.
Slithering over her shoulder.
Drip.
Sliding off and into the mass puddle of death surrounding her.

The last petal has fallen, a queen is born, and the disarray of her world is about to shatter under her very throne.

Raze
“She knows too much…”







This is the second book of course in Razing Grace. I do feel that you must read the other stories prior to Raze and Millie in order to understand the dynamic and how these characters fit into the entire grand scheme of things. Why -- because this is one completely messed up read. I'm sitting here wondering what I just read and can't seem to wrap my head around the things that happened. 

There is a very dark vibe in this story. So don't expect a roses and sunshine read. There were times that my stomach was churning. I will admit that I did have some reservations of Millie's acceptance of certain things due to her past and who she was. However those things seemed to melt away as the disturbing relationship that grows between the two characters. Nothing like blasting you out of the water from page one. 

There are some jacked up secondary characters that I want to know more about after certain events and incidents in the story. Can I just say .. Hella ... I don't want to say much more because as this book unfolds it would be difficult to mention the warped sense of who and not give anything away. 

I love the dark reads but I can tell you this one took me a few days to get through which is something. That doesn't mean it was bad it means that the story on pages made me set it down to just take a break from the freak that was going on. Twisted deception at its best. 


Finish this one out and then hope for some more. This series has taken an entire different direction than I thought. Get ready to get your heart ripped to shreds. Thank you for the chance to read and review .. If I recover. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment