Monday, January 23, 2017

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Hunter (Black Angels MC #1) by A.E. Fisher




Mallory
I spent years running from my past. Then, when my past comes knocking in the form of dark, delicious sin, I find myself caught up in a man I shouldn’t. My son's uncle. A dangerous biker. Not to mention, an overbearing Alpha male.
Hunter is everything I need to escape from, yet I find myself wanting to stay. I know I shouldn't let myself or my son care for him, but I can't help wondering if maybe he's the one who can finally save me from my past.

Hunter
The plan was simple. Find my nephew, bring him home, and raise him in the Black Angels like my brother would have wanted. But things never go as planned, like my nephew’s mother. My brother’s one-night stand.
Mallory is spicy and sweet; one second she is mouthing off to me, and the next, she is moaning my name. The longer I’m with her, the harder she is to ignore. But she is hiding something while desperate to escape me, though I have her in my grasp. I will find out what she is hiding, and when I do, she will have nowhere left to run.
 




Hunter (Black Angels MC #1)
A.E. Fisher

5 stars

A few starters .. I'm not sure if this is A.E.'s first release or not. I had thought I found a few other books but then couldn't find them back so I'm lost on that .. if it is .. this is an excellent MC read. If it's not .. I need to click up the other releases from you so let me know! LOL! Second the cover ... this cover is brilliant. The dark contrast with the title and the olive skin .. you have created an image that jumps off that black background. Excellent choice. 

We are introduced to the Black Angels MC through Mallory and Hunter's story. And this is a really great start to what I hope to be a even better series. As I began reading the prologue got me turning the pages as quickly as I could as Mallory has apparently gotten herself into a bit of a situation. Confessing her sins to Noble (I love that name -- beautiful choice) doesn't turn out as she had hoped. His words have stung and still claw at her heart even after three and a half years. On the run -- living in less than desirable homes -- doing what she must Mallory is about to meet her maker. 

Hunter has found the girl that ran. Now it's time to find out why. Come hell or high water she will return home with him and help put the pieces of the puzzle back together. EEEEEKKKKK! I don't do spoilers but let me just say one of the best parts of the book -- Hunter may or may not kick a door in with his boot to get to Mallory. I have no idea why that stayed with me but it did. Just think -- a big black boot attached to a beautiful man who just blasted up on a Harley telling you to get your shit after kicking in your door. Um ... yupppp ... okay I'm coming! HAHA!

And then unfolds the story. Throughout the pages we meet numerous Black Angels -- this is where maybe I felt I had missed a book or missed something. I wasn't lost I just wondered if I should know more. Were these characters from a spin off of some sort or had they appeared in another series. GAH! I need to know if I am missing something! Anywho I love Wolf, Jax, Mint, Pretty, Lamb and then there is Anna. Now I gotta know what the heck is the deal with she and Wolf!

You are also introduced to another character during the climax of the story. I cannot release any more info about that to you BUT .. hang on to your heart because you are going to think .. but then maybe and then you think you really figured it out but then .... who knows. Only time will tell. 
I also need the backstory on that little mac-truck that AE throws us into thanks to her brilliance. 

This is a definite yes if you like MC reads. There is not the detailed interrogation scenes or brutality in any sort. However you do get some fiercely loyal men, some strong hearted men, a brotherhood that we are set to enjoy for I hope several more releases and a mixture of ladies who I'm certain will have a story of their own to tell. 

Love this series and love this release. Thank you for the ARC! -- Girl get to writing! I need another please and thank you! -- Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment