Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Sever (Deathstalkers MC #6) by Alexis Noelle






Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, and I'm a damn idiot.
That's what he does to me.
Ryder. Smith.
The first heartbreak is always the hardest to heal
And those wounds get ripped right back open,
When he walks back into my life.
Seven years,
It took seven long and grueling years, 
To get that cocky, leather-wearing bastard out of my mind.
I thought I'd never get over him, never fix what he broke,
And now he's back,
Every sexy inch of him,
The difference is now I'm taking charge.
This time he'll be the fool.






This is the 6th book to be released in the Deathstalker series. Of course each can be read as a standalone but I suggest for better understanding of the characters you try to backtrack if this is your first click of this series. There is a bound set of several of the first few releases available! 

Tracker and Megan have a past and it's not a pretty one. It didn't end well and coming back to town has all emotions coming back to the surface. Coming back home wasn't his choice but his MC was done. Joining the Deathstalkers was his next move. Being back means a new beginning and a past. Which one wins out is the problem. Finding out what actually happened all those years ago is first on the list. 

Megan cannot believe Ryder is back. He broke her when he left but the man standing in front of her sees the situation in a different light. Things were complicated -- Megan has no time for games with Tracker or Ryder whatever his name is. She is finally back on her feet and putting her head back together after all those years. Being put in charge of this account was not on the list of to dos and certainly not running into the man who crushed her seven years ago. Maybe this time he will be the one to suffer. 

Misunderstandings, lost time and broken hearts plague this story. It it one for the Kleenex file. Bring them along. I liked the fact that we got down to business and dove right into what the issues were and why they were the way they were. The characters were well written and believable which is a good thing on my end. I don't like the mousey female lead or the over and over banter back and forth. 

A great addition to this series and another must have to add to the collection. This is one for the beach. Its tempo is light and not so in depth that you have to read pages over and over again. I love that in a book to carry with me on a spring day by the water. 

Thank you for the ARC and the chance to read. Love this one. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment