Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Bayonet Scars novel RIDE by J C Emery

Most of you know if it says anything about an MC or a Biker I am one clicking.  Top that with a HOT cover and I am definitely hitting that one click button.... I started reading this - this morning and to be honest....I almost put it down.  I am so glad I didn't!!!!  It was quite different than the usual MC books I read and fall in love with.... this one starts out being about an Italian Mob family and I sat here and was a bit confused.... Ummmm.... did I NOT one click this because it was about an MC?  I read a few more chapters and that's when I was hooked!  It's getting mixed reviews and I know that not everyone likes what I like and I don't like what everyone else likes.... I give this 3.5 stars!  I mean yes, parts were kinda just okay.... but then there were other parts that just grabbed me and the twists/turns that are thrown out I didn't see coming.  I also liked (after giving it a chance) the fact is starts out all MOB STORY and goes into a MC STORY!  

Alexandra "Alex" is the young 19 year old Mafia princess who basically has led a sheltered life thanks to her Mafia father.  And after a mistake on her part one night....she has to leave town and hide out with the Forsaken MC for her protection.  Enters Ryan...son of the club president.....step son of Alex's Aunt Ruby...there is an instant attraction there but both basically being told....That is off limits!  He's a bastard, and ass hole...you name it!  We watch the relationship grow between these two.  Yes, there are some moments that my heart was aching over things that happened.  I mean seriously ya'll....it wouldn't be a true MC book if we didn't have that kind of shit.  You know.... Club whores etc.  There are secrets that are revealed. 

Yes there is some steamy SEX....I mean the sexual tension that builds between Alex and Ryan is enough to make you scream!   Alex is not what the club calls a "lost girl" you know the club whore!  

We meet several characters in this story that I fell in love with.... Not just Ryan.  We also meet Duke!  Totally a bad ass - asshole!  Whom I kinda fell in love with.... I do believe his story is next in this series =)  

I went through several emotions.... I laughed because Alex is quite the little bitch!  She was never allowed to really speak her mind at home or she'd have to pay the price of her MOB father so once she is with the MC she holds nothing back.... Loved Her little temper and attitude and she is MOUTHY! 
I was sad because of things that happen.  Some being typical MC story stuff and other stuff I just didn't see coming.   

I can see where some things left readers with a bad taste.... some things were kind of left hanging and not clear as to what happened.  I hope that in the second book the author re-visits some of these things and answers them.  I hear a lot of complaints about the ending...and yes... if you are reading thinking oh yay HEA... you will be a tad disappointed in the abrupt ending to this story.  Their story is not over!  I feel it in my bones =)  I think it's just the authors way of leading us into book two!  I say give it a chance.


BOOK TWO COVER ~  DUE OUT IN JAN 2014
  

As a child, JC was fascinated by things that went bump in the night. As they say, some things never change. Now, as an adult, she divides her time between the sexy law men, mythical creatures, and kick-ass heroines that live inside her head and pursuing her bachelor's degree in English. JC is a San Francisco Bay Area native, but has also called both Texas and Louisiana home. These days she rocks her flip flops year round in Northern California and can't imagine a climate more beautiful.

JC writes adult, new adult, and young adult fiction. She dabbles in many different genres including science fiction, horror, chick lit, and murder mysteries, yet she is most enthralled by supernatural stories-- and everything has at least a splash of romance

FOLLOW THE AUTHOR~

GOODREADS - https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6902956.J_C_Emery
FACEBOOK- https://www.facebook.com/jcemeryauthor?fref=ts
TWITTER - @JC_EMERY

Purchase the book on Amazon at -
http://www.amazon.com/Ride-Bayonet-Scars-JC-Emery-ebook/dp/B00G7T94IW/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1386202142&sr=1-1&keywords=j+c+emery

No comments:

Post a Comment