Sunday, December 8, 2013

Stricken Trust (Stricken #3) by SK Logsdon




What can I say about this book?  First... I was sent an ARC copy by the author for an honest review.... IT WAS FUCKING FANTASTIC! <3

I fell in love with book one and was on a MAJOR book HIGH for days!  Then I didn't think she could do it to me again and well... I read book two and BAM.... she did!   I was BLOWN away..... but let me tell you this.... Book Three... Stricken Trust made me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!  I was very happy with the way this book ended!  <3  

This book gave me the sexual and emotional stuff I Craved from the first two.  It was FULL of Sex!  Great sex!  Sex that made me want to be Emily!  We don't get all the drama we got in the first two and I was happy with that.  

This book I felt was the story of Emily.....learning to love....learning to grow.....preparing herself to become a mother.  Emily struggles with a lot in her life.  I mean her baby daddy is Jonathan from Stricken and that alone causes a lot of drama and stress.  Not to mention, she is struggling with finding herself in a way.  She loses things that are close to her along the way and finds others.  She struggles with what is good for her now or what could be good for her in the long run...the future!  She has to think what will be best for her child.  

We don't hear much from Jonathan in this book and that too, I was okay with.  Because he isn't my favorite person right now!  He has a lot of growing up to do and I just don't know if he is capable of doing that.  As much as I can't stand him right now... I do hold a soft spot in my heart for him.  Why?  Because, he is Jonathan - sexy, alpha, rock star - from Stricken.... =)  He can make your panties melt ladies!  BUT- he has a lot of issues that he needs to get through.  He needs to grow up!   

We see a lot of James in this one.  We meet James in book 1 and more so in book 2 and I FELL IN LOVE WITH JAMES- especially in book 2.  (I even told SK that I loved him)   I want to be with James.  This man right here is BOOK BOYFRIEND SWOON WORTHY!   He's totally different than other book boyfriends though and you will see when you follow the series.  He's AMAZING as a friend and protector of Emily!    He would risk his own life to protect Emily and her unborn child.  

I know that this third book was a tad different than the first two.  Like I said...not so much drama or angst... but I feel like it was necessary for us to read about Emily while she is not with Jonathan.  We needed to see how she could handle things on her own (kinda).  She needed time to focus on herself and the baby and to see what she really wants in the future.  

Emily deserves to have someone love her and to treat her like a princess.  She and Jonathan have had a rough relationship and this was a much needed break in my opinion.  I think SK did a Wonderful job in allowing Emily to grow.  I didn't find her weak (as I have read others say) I found her to be emotional due to a rocky relationship with Jonathan and being pregnant.  I found her to rely on the friendship with James to get her through some not so good times.   She and James together as friends works!  They needed each other to deal with shit that has went on in their pasts and that continue to go on.  

Will Emily get her HEA?  Will Jonathan grow up?  Will James continue to be a part of their lives?  I guess we will have to leave that in the hands of the AMAZING SK!  She knows whose team I am on  ;)  

Grab the first book in the series now.... for only 1.99 and fall in love with these characters.  You will love them and you will hate them.  I mean it's a ROCK STAR kinda love... that's never easy!  SK will have you panting and fanning yourself when you read the love scenes in all three books.   Here is the links for all three... GO.ONE.CLICK.THEM.NOW!  <3  
   


 Book 1 -  http://www.amazon.com/Stricken-Desire-Rock-S-K-Logsdon-ebook/dp/B00FKDHLOU/ref=la_B00G1WXV66_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386548841&sr=1-3

Book 2 - http://www.amazon.com/Stricken-Unveiled-Rock-S-K-Logsdon-ebook/dp/B00FW1FZNY/ref=la_B00G1WXV66_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386548841&sr=1-2

and this book- Book 3 - http://www.amazon.com/Stricken-Trust-Rock-S-K-Logsdon-ebook/dp/B00H5TB832/ref=la_B00G1WXV66_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386548841&sr=1-5





FACEBOOK ~ https://www.facebook.com/sklogsdon

TWITTER~https://twitter.com/AuthorSKLogsdon

GOODREADS~https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7306655.S_K_Logsdon?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment