Thursday, December 26, 2013

One Ride (The Hellions Ride #1) by Chelsea Camaron REVIEW

Delilah “Doll” Reklinger never imagined her life with anyone that wasn't a Hellion. She never imagined a Hellion would come along and prove himself worthy enough to her father, Roundman, Hellions Club President. Content in living in the bubble of safety the motorcycle club family has always provided, Doll never thought that danger surrounded her. 

Roundman has kept the Hellions contained for the last thirty years by controlling the chaos surrounding their lifestyle. When the dangerous side to their business comes knocking on his door, he realizes his precious Doll isn't’t safe. The Hellions code may be that women and children are off limits in any altercation or dispute, but that doesn't mean their enemies follow that same moral compass.

His only child, now in danger from the association to him and his club, Roundman makes a decision. He sends her away to a charter club, in hopes that the trouble won’t follow.
One ride across the country. One simple ride. Talon “Tripp” Crews has been ordered to take Doll on one ride away and to keep her safe. She’s off limits, his head knows this, but his body can’t deny the sparks between them. She’s feisty, fierce, and fearless. Constantly in close confines together, can they deny the chemistry? Will they give into the attraction between them? Can one ride turn lust into love?








UGH  I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to LOVE this book!  I have said this before - I am a MC Book WHORE and this one sadly left me Unsatisfied!  It was good.... just not 5 stars - leaving me on the edge of my seat- OMG that did not just happen - JESUS that was HOT- hard core Raunchy OVER THE TOP Crazy ass Biker Club shit GOOD!  

I enjoyed the story.  I loved the characters - I really was just missing the whole DRAMA and something BAD has got to happen soon.  I missed the hardcore raunchy shit.  Maybe that just isn't her style and that is okay too.  I hate writing reviews when I can not give them 5 stars.... hell even 4 stars... but I was told by an author friend... to be honest....SO I will try my best...without hurting feelings....  So here goes - It was typical and predictable to me.  We have HOT ALPHA male biker and the sex is good and it took this ONE RIDE for Tripp to see that Doll was "THE ONE".....  You know MC Princess.  Presidents daughter - off limits - they lust for each other etc etc..... but in other books with this same scenerio we have some kind of MAJOR SHIT FEST.... Some kind OF DRAMA.... this one didn't have that.  I mean yes, there is a Small amount of drama.... the reason they must leave town on this "Ride" together but it was YAWN..... ZZZZZZZ...boring.  Honestly, if it weren't for the sex I would have quit reading it.  I know that is terrible to say.   We usually have club whores who are causing broken hearts, blood, fights, foul language etc and something MAJOR that just GUTS me.... this might of had a small taste of that but not on the level I want and needed in a MC book.  Yes Tripp does a few shitty things and then turns around and does something to make you love him.   I wanted more of a build up in their relationship too.  I needed the angst you get when they are just being total dick heads.  

Something major goes down.  Part of the reason they have left town.  And yet we hear nothing of this in the story... one minute they are out for revenge....the next it's done and over with.... Ummmm....that to me is part of why we love MC books.  We want details.  We want to hear how things went down. 


BUT - I can't LOVE every book I read.  There are plenty of readers who have and will love this one.  And I will say again that it wasn't  the worst book.  It was good... I just needed more.  Will I read the next book... YES....  Maybe she can win my heart completely and go all MC hardcore raunchy - OMG I'm gutted - crazy in the next one ;)   Because I do want to hear TANK's story....

I'm sorry I didn't LOVE LOVE It Chelsea... don't hate me... 
P.S. Apparently I am the only one who didn't 5 star love this.  Everyone else gives it 5... so don't let my review stop you from giving it a try...... 



http://www.amazon.com/One-Ride-Hellions-Chelsea-Camaron-ebook/dp/B00HG15RHM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1388111928&sr=1-1&keywords=one+ride+chelsea+camaron





Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.camaron?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6980925.Chelsea_Camaron

No comments:

Post a Comment