Thursday, January 9, 2014

Author Interview - H. M. Montes




I had the pleasure of having Author H.M. Montes answer some serious and silly questions.  She is the author of Accidentally In Love and Accidentally Falling.  With several books to be released soon.  Her links to the books are at the bottom as well as her Facebook Author page.  Ya'll go over and show her some love and tell her I sent you.  =)  Enjoy.......

Would you like to introduce yourself with a short bio?  Things that we don’t know about you maybe?  
H.M. Montes is a pen name.  My real name is Christina Hupfer.  I’m 34 yrs old, married to AJ for 9yrs, we have 2 kids Tanner & Jenna and 3 dogs. I’m from a small town in North Central Kansas.  Exciting huh?  

When you aren’t busy writing – what can we find you doing?
Reading, talking on the phone, I try to avoid housework at all costs lol.

Is writing your fulltime job? 
Yes until my husband starts whining to give him attention.

What’s the BEST thing about being an author?
 I’d say telling the story.  If you call me while I’m in the middle of writing chances are I’ll be confused as to why my phone is even ringing.

Are there any topics that you won't write about? 
Vampires & Dragons

Are any of the situations, scenes or characters based on your life or events in your life?
 If so, can you elaborate any?  
=)  LOL, in Accidentally Falling Macy meets T.C. at the diner she is working at…that’s where I met my husband.  He was a cocky, rude jerk, he only talked to me long enough to give me his order then that was it…until we were at the same party one night 

How did you name your characters? 
 I’m horrible horrible horrible at naming characters!

What made you write your book? 
 My dad passed away almost a year ago, I had to do something to try to take my mind off of everything so I decided to start writing J

If you could spend one day with any one of your characters…who would you chose and why?  
Definitely Jet (From “Pole Position” To be released soon)!  Because he likes fast cars and likes to F**k and he’s HOT !!

Is there anything that is a MUST while you are writing…superstitions etc? 
I have to have my headphones and Pandora on when I’m writing.  I can’t edit listening to music though.

3 things your readers do not know about you. 
1) It’s very hard to have a serious conversation with me.  2) I’m in love with Pitbull 3) I refuse to let my mom read any of my books.  I even duct taped a bag shut so she wouldn’t try to read the books she was taking to a lady for me.

What draws you to write in this genre….
 =) Hmm…I have a “creative imagination” I guess lol. 

What was the hardest thing about writing your book?  
 When I hit writers block, then the only way for me to get past it was to kill off a character.

Do you have a hardest scene you had to write? If so, can you explain? 
 When Macy miscarried and Cane died all within a short period.  Hoping the readers understood why Macy did what she did.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write about and why?
 In “Pole Position” when Chassis & Jet finally make it to the bed!!

Would you want to be involved with one of your characters in real life? 
If so, who and why? Jet or TC  they may or may not both remind me of this big guy that lives in my house ;)

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
 Night owl most definitely.

Do you have any pet peeves?
HA! Yes way too many! People that take everything way to serious is a big one!

Do you have any phobias and if so what are they?
 I actually have problems with leaving my house (some kind of panic disorder uggg I hate it and have to force myself to leave) but I’ll get past it 

Do you have a “secret” author crush?  Can you reveal…. 
Jennifer Foor and Jade C. Jamison…I love them but they don’t know it yet!

What does the color BLACK make you think of?
 I can wear any color w/ it LOL.

Fill in the blanks…
I am really awesome at: Making people laugh and pissing people off.
I am really embarrassed to admit I can’t stand to French kiss!
The last great book I read was Replace Me by Jennifer Foor
My favorite book boyfriend is Colt Mitchell_and why: The man was determined to help Savanna.  His personality and the way he showed his emotions.


Give us your best pitch to convince readers to one click and give your book a try.
 There’s sex, drama, more sex and a happy ending J I know that’s not what most want to hear but you’re asking a woman that struggles to come up with a title for her books lol.  In all honesty though, I really hope people will one-click, leave a review and give me feedback.  I’m still new so yes there are some errors but I’m trying I promise!!




Accidentally In Love - 

Accidentally Falling - 




No comments:

Post a Comment