Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Way Home (Lights of Peril, #2) by AC Bextor

I was given an ARC copy of this by the author for my Honest Review.  I am keeping this short and simple - for now - I can tweak it after the book goes LIVE.  





Yes my friends, AC Bextor has done it again.  Book two in the Lights of Peril series was just as amazing as the first.  It may not of had ALL the DRAMA the first had.  But there was plenty of it in this one to keep you on edge.  The book picks off exactly where the first leaves us....or shortly after.  And it pains me to not be able to talk in detail about this because it will ruin it for you if you haven't read the first book - and obviously the second.  


I went into this book thinking it was going to be mostly the story of Ace.  Whom I fell in love with from book one.  This book is more than about him.  He does play a big part in this one, but there is so much more to this book than just ACE!  We hear from several characters in book two.  We follow along on each of their journeys, as they are fighting to survive in the world of the MC.  


We are on a journey of healing - love - forgiveness - betrayal - lies - secrets.  Our emotions are taken on yet another roller coaster.   We once again love and hate the men of Peril.   With equally as much love and hate for the women Sadey and Mace. As much as I love Sadey.  I often wanted to reach in and slap her silly.  WAKE UP SISTER!  


These characters have all went through so much together.  Each needing the other to survive what life throws at them. And let's face it...life has thrown and continues to throw things at them.   Just when we think it's all said and done another WHAMMY!  But hey.... that's the MC life.... it's not all Rainbows and Unicorns. =) Peril is truly a family - always having each other's back.  We get some "behind the scenes" moments, if you will, as parts of book one are discussed.  Making things a lot clearer.  


It wouldn't be AC Bextor style if she didn't throw some OMFG moments up in there.  Some "leave me gasping for air" moments.  Some " I can not believe she just did that" moments.  Some leave your panties wet - sex scenes..... Man what I wouldn't give to have one of those Peril men for just one night... =) 


We still get the dominant bad ass biker alpha male shit we love.  Along with the territorial caveman shit too.  We get the hard headed - sassy mouthed- spitfire - women we love.   

We find some kind of closure! 


 I can't wait for you to get this book when it becomes available.  Which is SOON!   You definitely will fall in love again with this MC.  You will remember all the love they have for each other and the reasons will come pouring back as to why you initially loved them.   


UGH I HATE not being able to express my true thoughts....I can't though... it will ruin things.   Just know I LOVED this book!  


My emotions were all over the place when it came to several characters.  I was mad-then happy-then mad again.   But, I get it!  I know exactly why things are the way they are.  I can understand why AC does what she does with her characters. I know that if things were any other way, the world of this MC wouldn't be right.  It would be like the universe was turned upside down or some shit.   I feel like she is Brilliant! 


 I myself have closure and can breath easier knowing the challenges, hurdles and struggles these characters have taken.   I can dry my eyes for once and see the BIG picture.  Yes she makes me cry... again....for reasons that are the sweetest moments.  I can see Lights of Peril having some much needed GOOD for now ;)  


Go into this book with an open mind.  Understand where the author wanted to take each character.  It is her vision and not everyone will love the way the story unfolds.  Most I think will "get it".  


You know I love you Girl!  This is another 5 star for me.  





“Aside from the fact that Mace was made for me to have and to hold forever……and all that shit, honey, have you seen yourself cry? Hell no, I’m not taking care of that mess. It’s like watching the discovery channel and there’s always that one whale waiting to exhale water above the ocean; you can expel some serious fuckin’ bodily fluid.”  - Shame speaking with Sadey.  
-------
“Sadey, I’ve missed you, okay? I’ve thought about you. I missed being here. Do you understand that? I’ve missed being around you, touching you, holding you, and laughing with you. I missed you before I even left town that night. You chose Hem, not that it was any kind of competition, but you were with Hem. I was never even given the consideration.” - Ace to Sadey  




No comments:

Post a Comment