Friday, January 24, 2014

When It's Love by Emma Lauren




When Sydney Morrison learned the dark truth about who she really is, her whole world turned black. Tormented by her identity and deeply depressed, she confides in no one, not even her hot and adoring best friend, Henry. 

Henry doesn't know the horrible secret of Sydney's past, but he does know about the epic crush she has on her famous writing teacher, Professor Sparling. Convinced she doesn't stand a chance with the professor, Sydney is shocked when he takes a special interest in her. The two begin a torrid online affair that pulls Sydney out of her shell and makes her feel desired and daring. And as Sydney tumbles into a journey that's erotic beyond her imagination, her relationship with Henry gets complicated.

Then Sydney's darkest secret begins to hunt her down just when she thinks she's escaping it. Suddenly nothing is what is seems to be and Sydney finds herself torn between truth and love.



All in all I think it was a good debut novel for this author.  Early on, I figured some things out though.  This book had it all....secrets, love, lust,  twists/turns and yes....HOT sex! 

I was excited to read this....you know....the whole teacher/student thing.  But, was disappointed on some levels.  I felt like at times the story line drug on and on and was slow... and then there were parts that I felt were rushed.  There were things in the book that left me confused- as far as her past.   Even with some of the secrets coming out.... I was left with questions.  

I enjoyed the characters and their relationship with each other. Sydney - college student with a best friend to die for - Henry and then the professor, Paul, who Sydney has a MAJOR crush on.   I loved the idea of the book.  I just feel the story had potential to be so much more.  I enjoyed the book, don't get me wrong.  I just felt I need more angst and edge of my seat moments, when it came to the big reveal of secrets and her past etc.  

OH and cliffhanger!  =) Which we all love to that....that is why - I feel confident that the author will pull out all the stops in the second book and blow me away!  =)


3.5 stars

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18804098-when-it-s-love

https://www.facebook.com/emma.lauren.756?fref=ts


http://www.amazon.com/When-Love-Illicit-Contemporary-Romance-ebook/dp/B00HCIP9FO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1390567146&sr=1-1&keywords=when+it%27s+love+by+emma+lauren




No comments:

Post a Comment