Saturday, January 4, 2014

Behold The Stars (Signal Bend #2) by Susan Fanetti




Lawrence Ellis, with vast wealth and power, has made it known that he wants control of Signal Bend, Missouri. He is a man who always gets what he wants; there are no limits to the lengths he'll go, and he has the means to pay all manner of people to do his dirty work for him. The Night Horde MC, led by its President, Isaac Lunden, is wildly outmatched but prepared nonetheless to defend their hometown to the last man, and they are willing to do whatever they must to protect their home. Lilli Accardo, Isaac’s old lady, with her own special skills and resources, stands with them, rebelling against Isaac’s need to shield her.

After toying with them for months, Ellis loses patience for the game and rains down destruction on the Horde, their families, and the town itself. Tested to their very limits, beyond anything they could have imagined, forced to travel dark roads, the citizens of Signal Bend fight a war no one—not even they themselves—thinks they can win.

Challenged constantly from without, beset by their own inner demons, Isaac and Lilli must find the true strength within their bond. Isaac needs to protect what is his; Lilli needs to stand on her own; but they are stronger side by side.

Even in the deepest darkness, love brings hope.

NOTE: dark themes; explicit sex and violence.




I'll make this a short review.... I don't want to give anything away...... 

This one picks up pretty much where book one leaves off.  I love when a book does that.  And just as I suspected this one had more drama in it than the first.  Still not the SHIT I am use to.....but worthy of 4 stars.  This one had some major shit stirred up - as far as both of their worlds trying to join to bring down the shit that was trying to take over Signal Bend.  

There were a few parts that did make me cringe.... just a tad.... and I thought YES!  Here we go....the kind of raunchy - hard core shit I have been waiting for.  Sad, but true.  That is what I have come to love about MC books.   It wasn't at all too much though..... enough to pull at my heart a little.  I was happy and I was sad in this book.  

There is still plenty of Hot sex. Issac is H O T and can seriously make your panties fall off.  He takes her where ever the feelings "rises"  lmao.....  Lilli and Isaac are still trying to figure out their relationship and get their HEA together.  He wants marriage and a family.....she isn't so sure about that yet.  There relationship has a small strain on it when something happens and I was holding my breath thinking "This can not be the end of what they have".....

Things happen that involve several members of the club.  Leaving a lot of people out for revenge.   There was a lot of love and hate moments in this book. In the end though.... we get a tad of a HEA...a tad I said.....  Looking forward to book three.


 I am still missing some of the DEEP shit we usually get in MC books..... Maybe that just isn't this authors style....and I am okay with that -  because what she does write..... is great!  I just miss the club whores...the fights....the turf wars.....the asshole Presidents who talk to their old ladies rudely....etc..... 



http://www.amazon.com/Behold-Stars-Signal-Susan-Fanetti-ebook/dp/B00H5R8QQ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388867457&sr=1-1&keywords=behold+the+stars

No comments:

Post a Comment