Monday, August 3, 2015

Amy's 5 star review of Roman's Redemption: Roman: Book II (Roman's Trilogy 2) by Kimber S Dawn

Synopsis
I once told you, "Every sin I commit, every life I end, every soul I purchase, I do so to watch in gratifying amusement as it fades out. I've taken these lives with whole and complete intentions of watching my sins and transgressions affect and alter the life of others." 
I'm afraid those words no longer hold even a thread of truth. 
The man you once knew is now nothing more than a ghost. 
The blood staining my hands is no longer a consequence of my amusement. 
I have become pure evil. The blood you see is the result of my visceral need to hinder the torment and desolation left in my wife's wake. 
If you are foolish enough to believe all men are worthy of redemption, even those of us born evil, take my hand and allow me to show you what I believe about Redemption. 
For this is, after all Roman's Redemption.






5 demonic stars

 I have loved Kimber Dawn since I read “That Which Destroys Me.” This woman’s mind is a scary place. The two books I just read completely blew Wesley and Stella’s story out of the water where I thought her books couldn’t fall in more further into the depths of something unexplainable. These male leads she creates are horrific characters but you cant help that you secretly want them. I know its absolutely mind blowing. Our male lead Roman Payne is a sadist, evil serial killing masochist and those are nice words for him. And yes, I adore him. WTH?!? Right?!?!? Don’t beat yourself up friends. It is what it is. Roman is a genius in the sense of his professional life and how its morphed with his personal life. Roman was raised by loving parents who were devoted to him and love him. He didn’t want for anything as they had money. He wasn’t poor or ignored. Roman became who he is now because he wanted to. The demons inside him were gnawing all his life to come out. And holy hell …. Just read it … Heather MacKenzie; Mac is a detective fillowing in her fathers footsteps just as her three older brothers. Her father has passed but she continued following the case of Roman Payne. Her father encountered Roman after a young lady named Amanda took her life holding a letter that told tales of Roman. But with his parents high profile lawerys and money; nothing ever stuck. Heather wants to believe after following Roman for over two years that he is not the evil killer he is. She will put herself at risk in order to prove them all wrong. She intends to hand herself willingly over to the devil himself. Roman, the first book, introduces us to all the characters we will encounter in this trilogy. It takes us on the twisted sadistic ride between Roman and Mac. I cant even explain to you what happens in this book. I still am not sure myself because I was drawn to this man that should be scary as hell. Roman’s Redemption picks up right where book one leaves us therefore your cliffhanger is immediately answered. I cant say much about what is going on as that would mean spoilers. I don’t do those. However people that you thought were loyal are not and you wont even believe the turn of events. My heart broke a million times over for one particular character that you will get to know by the end of Roman. You can read the writing on the wall that something horrific is going to happen to her at the hands of even more psychotic characters. Im left hanging here and wondering what the heck could possibly happen in the last book. We know its coming as it’s a trilogy. But I have no idea what to expect. I thought I had it all figured out the last time but I didn’t …. So there is no telling with Kimber behind the story! *I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS STORY FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18. IT IS NOT A HEARTS AND FLOWERS LOVE STORY AND COULD PROBABLY CONTAIN TRIGGERS FOR SOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment