Friday, August 7, 2015

Amy's ARC review of Illicit Temptations by Janine Infante Bosco

Synopsis
Michael Valente... 

My father was the Underboss of an organized crime family. He was murdered when I was a teenager leaving me broken. My mother died in a tragic accident, her death annihilated me. My life was in shambles until Victor Pastore, one of New York’s most notorious gangsters and my late father’s best friend, recruited me to work for him. 

Everyone expected me to walk in my father’s shadow, to be the prodigal son, the next big thing to hit the mob. I was torn between filling those expectations and walking the straight line my mother wished I had. Nothing made sense and I felt as if I was just passing through life. 

The only beacon of light in my otherwise dark world was the one girl that was off limits to me. The one girl who could bring me to my knees consuming my mind, body and soul. 

She’s the sweetest temptation I’ve ever known and the most illicit. 

Nikki Pastore.... 

My father’s a gangster. My boyfriend’s is the king of New York’s nightclubs. I am often labeled as Vic’s daughter or Rico’s girl, never just Nikki. I struggle for people to acknowledge me for the woman I am and not for the men in my life. I’m fighting a losing battle. 

There is only one person who sees me for me, my Mikey. 

He’s wild. 
He’s reckless. 
He’s hot as hell. 

He’s completely unattainable, but oh so tempting.















4.5 stars

Michael Valente’s mother Maryann took him away from the Pastore Crime Family the day after they buried his father Val. His father was Victor Pastore’s best friend; they called each other brothers and that is exactly why his father threw himself in front of an ambush; to give his life for someone that truly wasn’t his own flesh and blood. His mother has to be the reason why after all these years that same man, the man he called Uncle Vic for so long is standing in his apartment along with Jimmy Gold and Michaels childhood friend Anthony Bianci. Today Michael would go sign the papers to pull the plug on his mother’s life support. But what did that have to do with Victor and why was he here wanting to bring him “home.”

Victor wants nothing more than for Michael to come back to New York with him. He chose to honor Maryann’s wishes and leave she and Michael alone so that the life that took her husband’s didn’t touch her son. Victor broke his promise to his best friend all those years. Both men swore that they would look after each others family if anything happened to either of them. Vic chose to honor Maryann but now he was going to make good on his promise to his best friend even if it was so many years later. He intends on offering Michael a job managing his new club Temptations. The club is one of the few businesses that are on the up and up. He will do whatever it takes to protect Michael from anything dirty touching him. He just has to convince Michael to come home where he belongs.

Nikki was the tag along when Michael left. Adrianna was Michaels’ age and the kids were all raised as cousins which included Anthony in the mix. Adrianna and Anthony only had eyes for each other. Michael just knew they would be married and have a few kids by now but something happened. Anthony wont say and Adrianna is sitting at the table with a toddler name Luka that isn’t Anthony’s. Needing something familiar he wonders where Nikki is; where could the lanky girl with braces be keeping herself. The minute he sees her he realizes that she isn’t that girl anymore. In fact she is all grown up but the douche bag pulling up and disrespectfully groping her is getting under his skin. Rico isn’t the man for her and something is way off about him. What he doesn’t understand is why Vic is allowing his daughter to be man handled and not saying anything. He obviously kept Anthony and Adrianna apart so why he is allowing Nikki to be on the arm of this asshat. Michael knows something isn’t right. He just needs to figure it all out before something terrible happens again.

The story unfolds from this point and its really intriguing. Something went down that nobody is talking about with Adrianna and Anthony. Both are completely tormented over it. Nikki is hiding behind Rico as well. She knows something is off but in the attempt to fight her attraction to “Mikey” she is staying put. Michael is a bad ass .. well he gets there so give it time and it doesn’t hurt that he is pretty darn hawt. There are several secondary characters that I loved! Anthony is one along with Jack “Bulldog” Parrish, the president of Satan’s Knights MC.

This book is a standalone and the ending is fantastic. There isn’t a cliffhanger per say unless you are interested in reading Anthony and Adrianna’s story which is due out next. Janine promises us that “Forbidden Temptation” will be coming soon. On her FB page she says we are getting three books in this series. Im hoping that the last book will be on our man Jack but we shall see. If you love MC books you get a little of that plus lots of sexy time, suspense, mafia, shoot outs and a hilarious trip to a gate retirement community where you meet Nana, Aunt Gia and the “Crew.” I never laughed so hard in my life. Brilliant addition to the story! I will sit here waiting for Anthony (swoon) but in the mean time I plan on clicking on over to snatch up Janine’s series Pieces (The Riverdale Series). I hear its worth the read due to a man named Jake Lanza. You don’t have to tell me twice; heading on over now. All of the books are FREE with Kindle Unlimited!

No comments:

Post a Comment