Saturday, January 9, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Paradise Fought : Abel by L B Dunbar





I'm not a fighter. 
I was born into a fighting family. As the middle child, I was overlooked in favor of my older brother. 
He took the negative attention, too. In comparison, there's nothing special about me. 
I’m not as big as Cobra. I’m not as strong as Cobra. He's the alpha. 
I'm a beta. 
The second son. 
The lesser one. 
The one never encouraged to fight, never encouraged to do anything, but stay out of my father’s way. 

I'm not a lover either - but I wished to be – that’s why I needed her. 
I met a girl in the pouring rain. 
Sounds cliché, but it's true. It changed everything. 
Because of love, I learned to fight. 

Betas come second, but in this fight, my story is first.













Paradise Fought: Abel
L B Dunbar
3. 5 stars

Abel and Cain .. a tale of two brothers; one thought of as the lesser son and one as the Cobra. Guess who is who? ….. Both are fighters MMA style. Both share the same father with the unloving man holding Cain in high regard and leaving Abel always questioning himself and never meeting his fathers expectations. Abel is a very different character – a lost soul but with an edge to him. Abel has never known love and it changed him in more ways than one. He knew he would never feel for anyone until the girl he met running on the beach. She was there and gone – tears streaming down her face in obvious pain. Those eyes haunt him. 

Elma’s life was good until her brother died. Her mother drank herself into the dark leaving Elma to provide for them both. Her brother had cared for them before he passed and now he was gone. Elma has done all she can to help her mother but the one thing she wont give up is school … she will finish and she will make something of herself. Heading to the beginning of the semester she finds her tuition unpaid and turns to leave … Abel remembers those eyes and from this moment on stopping her from leaving his life will never be the same. 

This is a really heart pinching story. There is heavy drama, a lot of sexy time between Abel and Elma and more twisted issues than I have ever read. This is not my particular favorite genre but it was not a bad read. If you like drama filled push and pull romance then this one is for you. I thank you LB for the chance to read the ARC. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment