Saturday, January 23, 2016

Amy's 3 star ARC Review of Unleashed #2 by Callie Harper




Enjoy the heat as the bargain begins, and finally discover what went down between Declan and Kara during those long, hot summer nights six years ago on the ranch. 

Declan 
I finally had her, the woman I’d craved for years. Under my control, within my power for one week. She was a born sub, she just didn’t know it yet. She needed her dom to train her, teach her how much she needed to serve. I had one whole week to unleash the pleasure bound up within her, the passion only I could set free. 
I was a dark, tortured beast. I knew she was too good for me, for this. But just because you knew better didn’t mean you’d change your ways. I’d had years to cultivate dark fantasies and I planned to execute them all. I’d bind this princess, blindfold her, torment her with wave after wave of shuddering ecstasy. And I’d make her beg for it. 

Kara 
I couldn’t believe I’d said yes. One week of no-holds-barred sex, agreeing to serve a wealthy, powerful, alpha, dominant man? That kind of thing only happened in books. I didn’t do things like that. I was a good girl, the ice princess famous for shutting men down. 
Only I had said yes. Declan was about to begin my training. And I wanted it so badly. 
Now I just had to make sure I didn’t lose my heart to him. Again. Because six years ago, that summer I was 18, I’d fallen for him so hard. I was still picking up the shattered bits of my heart from where he’d smashed it on the rocks. I had to be insane to agree to this. The stakes were too high. But I couldn’t say no. 


NOTE: Unleashed is a four-volume story launching the Beg for It series about the hot, alpha males in Declan's family and the battles they wage with the strong, sexy women who make them finally meet their match. 










Unleashed #2
Callie Harper
3 stars

Make sure you are reading this series in order because you do need to read the previous to understand what is going on here. Book 2 picks up directly where the first release ends. 

These are really hard for me to write because I feel like Im writing spoilers and I don’t like to do that. In order to review though I have to say what has happened and where we are. Declan has offered Kara a deal in order to give her the money she needs to save her fathers ranch. We also continue to move from past to present which I will tell you got very overwhelming for me. We get the picture in the first book that both characters have feelings for each other and didn’t act on them due to Karas father. I have to tell you I am NOT a fan of Harlan at all. What a douche. 

You do find out in this book that Declan felt love for Kara a long time ago. Events unfold and at points I was rolling my eyes at Kara and her antics. She giggles a lot. Im truly trying to hold out and continue this series. I hope we get some more depth to the characters and quit going back and forth so much. 

Thank you for the ARC – Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment