Saturday, January 9, 2016

Amy's 5 star review of Prick Tease by Misti Murphy




Claire Hadley shouldn’t even be on my radar. 

There are a million damn reasons why I shouldn’t touch her. 

Her brothers are my best friends. We grew up together, under the same roof. 

I’m supposed to think of her like a little sister. 

I won’t break my loyalty for a f*ck. 

Razer Bennington forgot me when he joined the marines. 

One kiss. Seven years. I can’t get the taste of him out of my mouth. 

I’m meant to be the good girl. A virgin. A role model. 

I’m supposed to live up to their expectations. 

Screw that… 

I’m going to get what I want. 

I should be careful what I wish for. 

*** 
Claire Hadley was about to check the perfect fiancé off her checklist. 
Until she found him underneath a hooker. 
Running home to her brother, she doesn’t expect to be rescued by Razer Bennington. 
Seven years ago he left her behind. 
But she hasn’t forgotten their last night together. Or the kiss they shared. 
Tired of living up to the expectations of others, she throws caution to the wind. 
This time she’ll get what she wants. 
Even if getting what she wants could destroy him. 

Complete stand alone romance. 











Prick Tease (The Hadley’s)
Misti Murphy
5 stars – YES!

So let me start by saying Misti was so kind as to send me an ARC of her newest release Lady Killer; the second book in this series that focuses on Tom Hadleys story. You know going into Lady Killer what has happened with him IF you read Prick Tease first. Its not necessary BUT for me it was a must. I happened to mention that I wished I had been privy to knowing Prick Tease was the first release and Misti sent it to me! KUDOS to Misti for caring about her readers! LOVE IT!

In this fantastic modern day story of true devotion we are introduced to the Hadley clan; those related by blood and those related and tied to the family by other strings. Claire Hadley is returning home after finding her not so interesting finance in a very compromising situation. Being a twenty two year old virgin isn’t easy. Becoming the face of the Christian Family Network with that dirt bag creep of a no hypocritical fiancé wasn’t happening. Claire knew House to Haven, her philanthropy would suffer but she didn’t care. She was out and heading back home to Reverence. Screw him and his box he kept her in .. funny she isn’t that upset about it either. 

Razer Bennington was taken in by the Hadley’s when he was six years old. Tom, Mace and Rush are his brothers and he should consider Claire his sister but keeping his distance has been the worst thing he has had to do. Seven years its been since he has spoken seen her. He left right after 16th bday to head to the military; right after he shattered her heart into a million pieces, right after she kissed him and he walked away. There has never been anyone else for Razer but Claire. She is forbidden though. There are more reasons he shouldn’t touch her than why he should .. the biggest being that he cannot betray the only family he has ever known. Touching her would be wrong … He wrong break his loyalty to the people who took him in and raised him like he was their own. 

This is the BEST love story … you have no idea how incredible this group of characters are. I am consumed with each of them. Now I read these two books backwards so I know where everyone is right now but of course there is more coming. I am so intrigued with Mace. Lawd! Misti has written a bond between a family that cannot be broken. Rush Hadley continues to be a mystery as well which I love and also have a feeling will rock the top off the house due to a situation that I wont discuss. 

This series is definitely a keeper friends. Not only do you have strong alpha men who protect the ones they love with everything they are but you also have tough female characters who are all woman but don’t take life lying down. I LOVE IT! 

Thank you Misti for taking the time to even read my review of Lady Killer and for then sending over Prick Tease. I'm heading back to change the stars on Lady Killer. Now I know all I need to and its oh so good! 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment