Saturday, January 9, 2016

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of Promise Me Tomorrow by H. D'Agostino



There’s only so much pain and loss one person can handle before they shut off emotionally. 
Detective Jase Stevenson experienced more pain than any one person should have to bear at a young age. After walking in on his parent’s brutal murder, he vowed to get revenge on the culprit. What he didn’t plan on was her. 
Tiffany Warner had her own set of problems growing up. All she wanted out of life was to be loved and to love someone in return. She never expected to fall for him, a man who seemed incapable of giving her the one thing she wanted… a tomorrow. 
How long can one person wait before walking away? Are some people just broken beyond repair? Can Tiff convince Jase to let her in? 
Promise Me Tomorrow is book 3 in The Witness Series. 
This book is intended for adult readers. It contains profanity, some drug use, and graphic sexual encounters.









Promise Me Tomorrow
H. D’Agostino
4.5 stars

Holy rip your heart out. Heather is a new author to me and I want to thank her for the ARC but dang woman! Jase Stevenson is a tortured soul. Although this is the third release in the Witness series I have not read the others but didn’t feel too lost in the story. I was so entrapped with Jase that I didn’t have time to worry about Dev or anyone else. 

Detective Jase Stevenson has no one. I don’t want to tell you anything else about how he got there or what happened if you have NOT read the other books. I don’t know if they touch on his life but just in case they don’t and this is your first read in this series then I want you to experience ‘him” yourself without any front knowledge. Don’t read the authors blurb either – trust me – just turn the pages. What I will say is that this man is one incredibly strong and amazing man. He will frustrate you BUT hang in there. Cut the man some slack .. you will find out why. 

Tiffany Warner will stand beside Jase even though he can't promise her tomorrow. Sometimes he cant even promise her today but she won't give up. Her heart belongs only to him. She gives him all of her in hopes of cracking into his soul. The more time that passes the more incapable he seems of giving her anything. The last time was the worst .. he didn’t even say goodbye. Maybe its time for her to move forward. 

Jase is chasing ghost and demons. What he finds is a more horrific story that he even imagined. Drugs, a betrayal and guilt … What a brilliant and heart shattering story. 

I know this review is short but I don’t want to spoil anything. The only thing I can say is I do wish when things came to a head it would have been a little more lengthy. However at the time I was so relieved .. after the book hangover now I want more – exactly what an author wants from us. Great read Heather and again thank you for the ARC. I know there are more good things to come to us from you! 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment