Monday, April 4, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Lay It Down by Carina Adams




The Bastards MC Series Boxed Set contains the first two books in the series - Always Been Mine and Honey Whiskey 

Come fall in love with a Bastard. 

Josephine Walker: 
My carefully constructed, picture perfect life is crumbling around me. For the first time in fifteen years, I don't know who I want to be. 

I need to find me. 

I'm done playing it safe, done caring what others think. I want wild and crazy. And, as much as I try to ignore it, I want Matt to see me as more than just his best friend. 

Matty Murphy: 
The Bastards live in a world most don't understand. We follow our own rules, only accountable to each other, the innocents we protect, and the people we couldn't save. Each of us wears a mask, hiding behind a polite smile and a respectable job, covering the monsters inside. I made peace with who I was a long time ago. I have no regrets. 

Except one. 

Jo Walker. I'm not letting her go without a fight.








Lay It Down
Carina Adams
3.5 stars

This is a box set of both stories centered around Matty and Jo; The Bastards MC. Always Been Mine and Honey Whiskey. 

Josephine Walker and Matty Murphy were best friends. Their lives were never intertwined romantically but that’s all about to change. In the first book we follow the two through their friendship. You don’t learn much about the MC in Always Been Mine as its centered more on the direct relationship between our two lead characters and the forces in their lives taking them away from each other. 

The second book Honey Whiskey focuses on answering the things we wanted to know and left us wondering in the first book. You get more of an insight into the club as well. What I found unusual is that the club is a one percenters MC but they don’t deal in illegal events. I couldn’t get that out of my head because that isn’t the norm. However I did love the reason they took the law into their own hands. 

I found the need for two books not necessary as the second book took a bit for me to page through. I wasn’t consumed by the suspense that was dealt and I felt there could have been written to sweeten the pages. I can say I do hope to read more from Carina as there are numerous secondary characters I would like to know more about. Rocker is interesting and hopefully we will get more from him. 

Thank you Carina for the ARC. Click this up and give it a shot. Give me some more drama and suspense! Looking forward to another read. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment